Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wild camping? is it possible in connemara?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, Just wondering could anyone let me know is it possible to do a bit of wild camping (staying way from campsites) in Connemara specifically up along the coast betweeen mannin and cleggan. Ive never been out there and would love to go but have no intention of staying on campsites, id rather stay at home than do that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

yes. legal? dunno. a good attitude and low profile camp usually is the way to go. wild is the only way i role.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Legally I also doubt it, camp in a out of the way spot with a tent that blends in perhaps (so not orange! :pac: ) and obviously don't do ANY damage to the area in question.

While I wouldn't condone such a thing that would likely work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

If it's in the Coillte property, you can. Don't think a permit is required unless it's a large group. Be careful with fire and rubbish and don't linger too many nights in the one spot and it's fine afaik.
    http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=47&no_cache=1

Advertisement