Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boylesports this is just wrong!!!!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    I agree with your logic. I played 15 x $10 sng's. Finished $18 up and took about 2 hours. What's the freakin problem. Even if you were a terrible player or if you just had a terrible run you could only loose $50.

Lads, i'm presuming you didn't read my post from earlier or have trouble understanding,new players can avail of a 100% sign up bonus and existing players can avail of the reload bonus,which are both paid out in $5 increments.

Effectively this means that you have to pay nothing in reg, all that's required is a couple of hours of your time, and if you're not willing to give that, there are plenty that will.

Jebus it's that simple.

My guess is that there's plenty in this thread giving out sh1te without even logging onto the Boylepoker website which would take 2 minutes ffs. I'm so tempted to just delete my post because alot of you don't deserve the info if you just complain on the back of some random post.

Ill add that Boylepoker are adding 25k to the prizepool,do you think this is for the craic?
    It's been said time and time again in this thread if you don't agree, don't play, easypeasy.
    This 'level playing field' nonsense spouted by Roy is just well, nonsense,I'm surprised Roy because you know this better than most.

Sponsors will not continue to support these events unless we, the players continue to support them in return, is it that difficult to grasp?

We are absolutely blessed for a country of our size with the tournaments and structures we have in place,if you don't believe me get googling, I sincerely hope this continues and every one of you should too.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Lads, i'm presuming you didn't read my post from earlier or have trouble understanding,new players can avail of a 100% sign up bonus and existing players can avail of the reload bonus,which are both paid out in $5 increments.

Effectively this means that you have to pay nothing in reg, all that's required is a couple of hours of your time, and if you're not willing to give that, there are plenty that will.

Jebus it's that simple.

My guess is that there's plenty in this thread giving out sh1te without even logging onto the Boylepoker website which would take 2 minutes ffs. I'm so tempted to just delete my post because alot of you don't deserve the info if you just complain on the back of some random post.

Ill add that Boylepoker are adding 25k to the prizepool,do you think this is for the craic?
    It's been said time and time again in this thread if you don't agree, don't play, easypeasy.
    This 'level playing field' nonsense spouted by Roy is just well, nonsense,I'm surprised Roy because you know this better than most.

Sponsors will not continue to support these events unless we, the players continue to support them in return, is it that difficult to grasp?

We are absolutely blessed for a country of our size with the tournaments and structures we have in place,if you don't believe me get googling, I sincerely hope this continues and every one of you should too.

We were talking about the tournament fees a player would have to pay to get the VIP points. And I did understand your earlier post, it's seems you misunderstood mine. I was trying to show how easy it is to get the VIP points. Sorry if it came across as a gripe, far from it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

We were talking about the tournament fees a player would have to pay to get the VIP points. And I did understand your earlier post, it's seems you misunderstood mine. I was trying to show how easy it is to get the VIP points. Sorry if it came across as a gripe, far from it mate.

No, not you at all, it's the blind attack from the ignorant and sadly in alot of cases the not so ignorant, when a little thought and comprehension would go such a long way,apoligies if you deemed my remarks offensive,they were not targeted at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Onsberg wrote: »
    That is currently €108.40. This way you will pay 10.84 cent per chip. Compare this to the initial buyin where you pay €275 for 8,000 chips = 3.44 cent per chip.

In total you will pay €491.80 for 10,000 chips compared to €275 for 8,000. In other words you will pay 4.92 cent per chip compared to 3.44 if you go and earn the 2x250 points through tournament play.

Look, you are seriously over thinking this.
    Calculating how much it costs to earn the extra chips based on figures where you lose everything is pointless. That figure is meanless, nobody is that poor at poker, nor does anybody run that bad.
    If, somebody happens to be that bad, then they shouldn't bother with the extra 2k and earning them is -EV for that person, in fact they shouldn't even play the IPO are they are wasting their time.
    I do not play cash and in order to play enough low buyin tournaments to accumulate the points would be a drag over August / September.
    Correct me if i'm wrong SiD. But I think I remember you posting up $10 STTs a few times. At this level I think its about 14 tourneys. This is will only take 1-3 hours (1 for heads up, 3 for full ring). but, in general, I can't fault your reasons for missing it.

to everyone else;
    If all the people complaining here but the same time into trying to get the points online instead of complaining about it online, then you'd all likely have the extra 1k for aug by now

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont think its the difficulty or otherwise of the "task" set to get these chips that is really the point here. Its about the breaking of the idea of equality of chip stacks and particularly as its linked to the benefit of the site in question. That raises some concerns in my mind but to be honest, Boyles have been clear about it. Crystal clear to be fair.

I wouldnt sign up to a site that did this specifically to work the points up, but its not like I would castigate them for this either. I might even have the points from playing in the heads up league in which case, I might even play but tbh, theres something that doesnt sit well with me about where this might lead us in the future...

ESPN subscribers getting 50K chips at the WSOP anyone? :p

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DeVore wrote: »
    I dont think its the difficulty or otherwise of the "task" set to get these chips that is really the point here. Its about the breaking of the idea of equality of chip stacks and particularly as its linked to the benefit of the site in question. That raises some concerns in my mind but to be honest, Boyles have been clear about it. Crystal clear to be fair.
    I understand that the main argument is the fact that it must be done in the first place and not the task at hand. And granted some people may not be in a position to play online. But, my comments were aim at the people who are quite clearly and currently playing online, and are foolish to play this and not have a 10k stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Scouser in Dub

Mellor wrote: »
    Correct me if i'm wrong SiD. But I think I remember you posting up $10 STTs a few times. At this level I think its about 14 tourneys. This is will only take 1-3 hours (1 for heads up, 3 for full ring). but, in general, I can't fault your reasons for missing it.

TBH I haven't played any SnG's for about 2 years because I suck at them. I play some of the $22 180's on stars but it's as much about moving the money around and feeling bound to work off deposit bonuses and stuff.

That said I don't have an issue with Boyles / Poker Ireland doing this and wish them luck in all they do. I just decided that I wasn't going to play it because of the variable stacks and left it at that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

One point I'll make is that trying to get the extra 2k chips could end up with you losing a few hundred $$$ in the process. It is bound to happen a sizeable amount of people in fairness (well maybe not a few hundred, but more than they gain in bonus released, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Mellor wrote: »
    ... nor does anybody run that bad
    Ya wanna bet?
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭BloodyDeath

i earned 500 points in 3 hours last sunday night playing 10/20c omaha.
    didnt win a whole lot but had a whale of a time gambling like a mad man.

• Advertisement

i earned 500 points in 3 hours last sunday night playing 10/20c omaha.
    didnt win a whole lot but had a whale of a time gambling like a mad man.

Gambling like a mad man? So you play Omaha the same way you play hold'em then...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭BloodyDeath

Gambling like a mad man? So you play Omaha the same way you play hold'em then...:D

(sshhhhh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Naraic89

newbie2 wrote: »
    Bluffing.JPG
    This is brillant up there with All men have a pair in poker is just a question of how big your pair is

U gotta admit they are perfectly intitaled its gona be a great tournie anyway and i say theyl easily make up their 25000 add in easily with the amount people are gona lose gettin these extra chips i personaly hav 9k and think i made $1 in but 4 or 5 hrs play 10c 20c no limit and not goin to bother goin 4 da 10k dont like online poker.even with 8k every one goin to start with a mountain of chips relative to the blinds but il bet E300 at least one player will b knocked out n the first blind level

Naraic89 wrote: »
    U gotta admit they are perfectly intitaled its gona be a great tournie anyway and i say theyl easily make up their 25000 add in easily with the amount people are gona lose gettin these extra chips i personaly hav 9k and think i made $1 in but 4 or 5 hrs play 10c 20c no limit and not goin to bother goin 4 da 10k dont like online poker.even with 8k every one goin to start with a mountain of chips relative to the blinds but il bet E300 at least one player will b knocked out n the first blind level

pfff there will be a lot more than that knocked out in the 1st 40 mins mate. I would say at least 20 each day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

pfff there will be a lot more than that knocked out in the 1st 40 mins mate. I would say at least 20 each day 1.

He's right, last year there was only one player knocked out just at the end of level 1 (I think, I'm getting old so my memory is not what it used to be :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

on day 2 i'm near certain someone was knocked out first hand of level 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

sorry day 1b

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

smcb wrote: »
    on day 2 i'm near certain someone was knocked out first hand of level 1?
    smcb wrote: »
    sorry day 1b

Now I remember, you're right but there was nobody knocked out for about 45/50 minutes on Day 1A as far as I remember.

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Across the two day 1's, I only remember a few getting knocked out early.

1a was after 35 mins or so and 1b was very quick and was an overplayed big pair into a set or a set over set I think. I'd guess well in excess of 90% lasted 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

intend to play a lot more aggressive early stages this year as it was sooo tight early on so expect to be awarded a free token into side event when i am knocked out 1st :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

ask niall ( big slick ) he was knocked very early day 1b might even be first level :D:D:D

Hey is there any chance there going to realse more tickets like a week or two b4 da event like the did last year? Cause id prefer to play da saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

whats the craig with blackbeltpoker does anyone know? There powered by boylepoker can you withdraw and register for same games as boyles?

Advertisement