Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recording 4:3 aspect ratio from UPC DVR

Options
  • 22-07-2009 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have my DVD Recorder connected to my UPC DVR via SCART, the exact same way as I had it connected to the old Pace box. When I recorded a programme from the Pace box which had an aspect ratio of 4:3, that's the way it would playback on my DVD recorder. Similarly, if it was 16:9, it would automatically switch on playback.

Since changing to the DVR if I transfer a programme onto the DVD Recorder with an aspect ratio of 4:3, it now plays back in 16:9. I have tried changing all of the settings I can think of, but can't figure it out.

I'm guessing it's not the DVD recorder as there was never a problem with 4:3 on the Pace box. Does anyone have any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

There are two scart outs on the DVR one has widescreen switching the other does not try changing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cherlukatu

I just tried switching the scarts Ranicand, but unfortunately it didn't work. The 4:3 fullscreen programme is still playing back widescreen. It has me totally baffled, I've only ever had to figure out how to play back a recording in widescreen before.

Advertisement