Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Warranty

• 22-07-2009 5:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    I got some water on my E51 last week and my phone stopped working. So I took 500g of desiccant from work and placed it in a lunch box with my phone. After 3 days, I took it out and my phone worked for the next 2 days.
    The phone is now working intermittenley.
    I know nokia's warranty is void if there is water damage...but as I dried the phone out, I can't see how they can tell it was water damage and should repair the phone.
    Has anyone had a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

terencemc wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    I can't see how they can tell it was water damage and should repair the phone.

There might/will be corrosion on some electrical connections. Think green fungus like build-up. Saw a photo one time, might have been on this forum, but a long time a go, that someone got back from Nokia and it clearly showed the corrosion build-up.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Well mine hadn't been near water or moisture and they have told me there is water damage, so good luck with that. On another thread someone said there is a sticker on one of the Circuit boards that changes colour when it comes into contact with liquid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

A lot of phones have Cobalt Chloride paper attached to the internal circuit boards. Once this comes into any contact with moisture, it permanently changes colour (blue to red, IIRC - been a long time since my Junior Cert science days!) which indicates immediately if the phone has ever gotten wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There,s no harm in trying but they're no fools. They'll know it's been water damaged.

Do you have insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

whiterebel wrote: »
    Well mine hadn't been near water or moisture and they have told me there is water damage, .

Using your phone in the rain can give arise to water/moisture etering the phone and producing corrosion. The phone does not NOT have to ompletely submerged for signs of water entry to be visible inside the phone. So no harm being a bit carefull when using the phone under rainy conditions.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
Advertisement