Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Mass Effect Question

Options
  • 22-07-2009 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Finally got around to playing this and I want to make sure something isn't a bug before I go wasting my time. I've tried googling to no avail.

Basically I'm playing an Infiltrator and I can't put any points into sniper rifles, it's greyed out, which makes zero sense for the sniper class. Do I need to do something to unlock it, are they forcing me to use a pistol for the start or something?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My memory is a little fuzzy here, but I think you have to upgrade the pistol to a certain level before you can upgrade the rifle... It may not even be pistols, afair it is whatever item is directly above sniper rifles...

That's my vague post quota for the day filled... Happy gaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yah that's it, there's an unlock point half way up the pistol skill. Thanks.

God that's so retarded though.

"Right, we're training you to be an infiltrator, you'll use stealth and a sniper rifle to kill from afar!"
    "Cool so I'll be taught how to snipe?"
    "Oh no, no no no. We'll teach you extensively how to use a pistol, I'm sure you can work out all that sniper rifle stuff during your first mission."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

The pistol is the best weapon in the game anyway.

Well, except for late game when you can go
    Scram Rail x2 + High Explosive Rounds = Sniper Cannon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I picked the 'Adept' class, Worst thing i did, You can only use the pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

completed it using an infiltrator

think I fired about 10 shots total from the rifle :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement