Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good sources for cheap film?

• 22-07-2009 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions? (35mm mostly - some 120 as well though)
    B&W or colour...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you're based in Dublin, I find heading into shops and haggling for short dated film the best way, unless I need large numbers, in which case I'll go for 7dayshop, and if I've to go larger numbers again, and have someone to share the P&P with, I'll go for Freestylephoto.biz

Fwiw, the Camera Exchange on Georges St. have some Ilford XP2 in 120 for 2 quid a roll. They're quite good to get other prices down too.

Other than all that, hit up your local Unicare pharmacy for free film ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Fajitas! wrote: »

Other than all that, hit up your local Unicare pharmacy for free film ;)

Free?? I just go in and ask for free film?

"Excuse me can i have some free film?"

just like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yes!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Yes!

no way... how come this hasnt been mentioned before??? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

no way... how come this hasnt been mentioned before??? :)

It has:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623416

In fact I stopped in to unicare asked for free film. At first the guy just waved at a small basket of 10 or so rolls of film, but after he saw my disappointed expression, he offered me a box of 100 rolls. After a bit of talking I walked out with 180 rolls. Just gave 40 to another Boardsie yesturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It has, multiple times.....

EDIT:

Film Film Film
    Single post
    Single post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

It has:
    Tallon wrote: »
    It has, multiple times.....

what the ... free film ? If only someone had said !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

my sarcasm is wasted on you all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

my sarcasm is wasted on you all!

what the ... sarcasm ??!? If only someone had said !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I laid out over 200 rolls in their canisters across a small patch of ground and then got a dog to run across them.
    Film's so versatile. Lots of free film is very, very versatile and a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    I laid out over 200 rolls in their canisters across a small patch of ground and then got a dog to run across them.
    Film's so versatile. Lots of free film is very, very versatile and a lot of fun.

pics, or it didn't happen.... :)

pics, or it didn't happen.... :)

No pics, video though.

Same vid has me disastrously rooting around Phoenix Park chasing butterflies.

humberklog wrote: »
    No pics, video though.

Same vid has me disastrously rooting around Phoenix Park chasing butterflies.

Even better, link?

Even better, link?

It's still only on the camera. I've never uploaded onto youtube or that.
    Janey I've only got a Pix.ie site in the last six months and that confuses me enough. But I'm doing a few things on vid and have a few more ideas in the pipe line so I'll get around to it at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I hit up Unicare. Grabbed ten or fifteen rolls. Could've went mental - but not sure of the point. Can only take so many pictures at any one time, and I like to mix it up film wise. Great tip though -thanks everyone.

Next question - cheap develop only source?

We do our B&W at home, and have an Epson V500 for scanning film.

Perhaps there's a mail order option?

Advertisement