Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedor/Barnett in doubt.

Options

Comments

Usually guys who take anti man boob medicines have been using it to counter balance their steroid use haven't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Usually guys who take anti man boob medicines have been using it to counter balance their steroid use haven't they?

Indeed, but he should have been caught for something else on a PCT as well, not just that. Or possibly traces of whatever the cycle was, depending on what he may have been on.

Maybe i am just finding it hard to believe he'd be stupid enough to get snared twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

maybe its a case off once a cheat...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

or just guys who have man boobs, which Barnett does. It would be a shame if he threw away his biggest fight ever over vanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

poor josh only wanted to get something off his chest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

What do people think of tito putting his name forward. Hes always been vulnerable to judo trips and fedor does have a bb in judo. Also he would just get murdered in the stand up I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What do people think of tito putting his name forward. Hes always been vulnerable to judo trips and fedor does have a bb in judo. Also he would just get murdered in the stand up I think.

Lmao at Tito :D

Not sure what he's been doing training wise these days , but no way would he be even close to being in good enough shape for Fedor @ a weeks notice

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

calex71 wrote: »
    Lmao at Tito :D

Not sure what he's been doing training wise these days , but no way would he be even close to being in good enough shape for Fedor @ a weeks notice

I heard an interview he gave yesterday where he said he was in no shape to take the fight & ruled himself out.

I think he said he was only back in training something like 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

t-ha wrote: »
    or just guys who have man boobs, which Barnett does. It would be a shame if he threw away his biggest fight ever over vanity.

Echo of Tim Sylvia!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Monson’s agent, Jessy Evans, has been on the phone actively trying to secure a spot against Fedor Emelianenko at “Affliction Trilogy“
    “I’m the guy to beat Fedor,” boasted Monson. “He’s a great fighter. I’d definitely love to see me fight Fedor. It’s a perfect match-up. He’s the guy I’m destined to fight. I want to be the guy to beat him. I’d definitely love to be carried off afterward…. after I submit him. My goal is to be the best in the world, even if it’s for one fight.”

Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

Monson is a great grappler, would hate to get choked by him, he'd pull your whole head off - but he would be unmercifully obliterated by Fedor inside of 1 minute by strikes - but I suppose you could say that possibly about anyone really because it's usually true - Barnett is a legend but he fooked up and now unless Lashley takes it on which is a better more entertaining option (if stupid and positively dangerous for Lashley) - nobody's going to rate this fight

Barnett you bloody fool - I was dying for this fight !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I'd actually fancy Monson to beat Lesnar, against fedor I can't seeing him winning but I can't see him getting finished either.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Imagine Belfort pulled off a freak KO.

Imagine Belfort pulled off a freak KO.

Anything can happen.It all depends on the fighter on the day.

Monson would be a good fight for fedor.

He would give him torouble on the ground but in the stand up monson would be obliterated. I just can't see him getting fedor down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

At peak Monson had good hands and could fight good standing up, but last time he fought up north he looked old and worn, although i think he was fighting with a leg injury..

At peak he would be a tough fight for fedor..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

I was at a seminar the day before that fight with him.

He looked a bit cumbersome when moving about and seemed to be carrying a knee or some sort of leg injury.

That was his 3rd fight in about as many weeks I think.

There is no doubting his skills for sure when he is on form. I think he just didn't fight at Cage Wars 100% fit.

I think he would make a great replacment.

Nethertheless I also would be interested in seeing Belfort take the fight. He has good hands, subs and athletism. Just question if he has the power and heart to take on Fedor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I am still hoping for Brett Rogers. He wants the fight, and it would leave Belfort and Santiago intact. Fedor's managemnt pushing for it too. Fedor doesnt care

Word is brett knocked brock out twice in training

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

dunkamania wrote: »
    I am still hoping for Brett Rogers. He wants the fight, and it would leave Belfort and Santiago intact. Fedor's managemnt pushing for it too. Fedor doesnt care

His manager said that Rogers is who Fedor wants, but it may just be him. I wonder if it might say something that they'd rather he fights an untested heavyweight who hasn't been training over a middleweight who has better stand up and who has been training, very hard by all accounts

Strikeforce won't approve Werdum for the fight and it looks like it's the same way with Rogers

You'd be naive to think that all these fighters putting their names forward is because they all believe that they can beat Fedor. The half a million pay day is more than likely the motivating factor for a lot of these guys. Tank Abbott for one :pac:

The steroid that Barnett tested for, I've read about that being used by athletes who need to cut weight. Doesn't make sense in that respect for Josh though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Rogers KO'd Arlovski, so hardly untested. It may not mean as much as it used too, but it still counts for something

Jason Mc wrote: »
    Word is brett knocked brock out twice in training

That was originally posted by a guy who had previously been revealed to be a bull****ter, so it can hardly be taken at face value

dunkamania wrote: »
    Rogers KO'd Arlovski, so hardly untested. It may not mean as much as it used too, but it still counts for something

Still, there's nothing that he can do that Fedor can't do better! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Fozzy wrote: »
    Still, there's nothing that he can do that Fedor can't do better! :pac:

He KO'd AA quicker. ;)

Kazooie wrote: »
    He KO'd AA quicker. ;)

He never put him completely out though, did he? :pac:

Bodog have already put up lines of -800 for Fedor and +550 for Belfort

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Does this mean Fedor is a free agent again? If so then Dana get off your arse and bring him to UFC!! Fedor v Lesnar this December, biggest MMA fight ever. I can always hope. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Now I know the reputation Dana's huge announcements have but Dana has an announcement later on today that has many people buzzing. I'm sure many won't expect much but you never know he might give us a good surprise:D

Man what a moment it would be to see Dana announcing signing Fedor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Man what a moment it would be to see Dana announcing signing Fedor.

I never want to see this, fedor in a cage is like seeing lions in a zoo :pac:
    I should say one of my biggest fears is Fedor going to ufc and giving dana another chance to smile and gloat , I really really hope we never see him in a cage, i'm not saying i wouldntt liek to see him face some of the ufc HW's but just not in the UFC as i said before here I really hope he never dirties his feet by setting foot there in an octagon , + i really think that is where and why he will lose ... THE CAGE i dont think he has ever fought in one

Alas it will happen i think :(

Advertisement