Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st date...where would you go?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Tonights our first date, though we know each other fairly well, any suggestions for locations in Dublin City? Its a laid back easy drink and hopefully a bit of craic, don't want to end up in an empty pub. I love the hairy lemon, but it will be dead....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

The Globe or Sheebeen on Georges Street, The Foggy Dew, Grogans...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭flix1

Never would have thought of the foggy dew!!! fair play to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

The Church at the top of Mary st is a pretty nice pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Go to a comedy club/pub. You're in a relaxed environment, you'll both be laughing so no awkwardness and you can guage her sense of humour and compatibility that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 yellowstar

I would say d palace pool hall cept its closed!! loved that place. Anywhere on Georges/Camden Str, theres a really nice vibe in that area nd a gud crowd usually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Moved from PI

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I used to always take first dates to the Wax Museum.

Damn I miss that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

My girlfriend and i for our first date ended up in Messers and it was ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Anto McC wrote: »
    My girlfriend and i for our first date ended up in Messers and it was ideal

messers FTW. love the place and ya can be as quiet or as loud as ya want. beside the DJ box or down on the bottom floor which is quiet enough if ya just want a chat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Aykina

yellowstar wrote: »
    I would say d palace pool hall cept its closed!! loved that place. Anywhere on Georges/Camden Str, theres a really nice vibe in that area nd a gud crowd usually

Hey yellowstar, that's bad news re Camden Palace, I LOVED that place:(
    When did it close?

• Advertisement
Advertisement