Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband in D.15

Options
  • 22-07-2009 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all

I have UPC 10Mb broadband, but I have had no service for the last 2-3 days that i know of (was away the weekend) and it was very slow all last week.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I hve been on to UPC tech support - not much help there and they eventually fobbed me of with "theres a problem in the area".

(btw, obviously posting this from work!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Working fine in Clonsilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emotionalocean

I live in Huntstown and mine's been down since Sunday, rang them up today and they said it'll be a few days until it's fixed, typical of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭timbel

I live in Huntstown and mine's been down since Sunday, rang them up today and they said it'll be a few days until it's fixed, typical of them.

Maybe we will get a weeks discount on our next bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I'm on the 20mb package and my speeds on Monday night were slow, about 4mbps according to UPC's own speedtest website, but when downloading i could still get up to about 2MBps which is what i should be getting. Checked speed last night and it was back up to 14mbps so maybe they have fixed the problem, will check again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Still very slowwwwwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Its working fine in Castaheany.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sandleman1979

We've had issues for a while now. We're in Ongar.
    Usually by the time you call customer services the modem has miraculously connected.

Over the past 2 weeks i think we get disconnected at least 3-4 times a day. Every time i phone i get the same story - "There is a problem in that area"...

Its getting frustrating to say the least! So much so i am going to start looking for money back for downtime, if i didnt pay the bill, they would probably cut me off within a second of the bill not being paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭timbel

back in business since last night - 3-4 days downtime only..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Matamoros

Very bad the last few days in Clonee, long Youtube clips stopping half-way, not techie so I don't know what I'm talking about but did a speed test ( if that matters ) and found it to be 14.2 MB and an efficiency of 82%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

i kept getting kicked off x box live prob due to a slow connection, hope its working for the weekend!

• Advertisement
Advertisement