Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my sunflower is dying

Options
  • 22-07-2009 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

got myself a small 30cm sunflower inside in my office facing a lot of sunlight... have been told not to water it too much.. but its dying tips please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SJPRogue

bonkers wrote: »
    got myself a small 30cm sunflower inside in my office facing a lot of sunlight... have been told not to water it too much.. but its dying tips please

Sunflowes tend to die from 3 things: lack of sun (name's a giveaway), not enough water and too much water. They're a bit cranky really.

Whoever told you not to over-water it might be to blame. They actually use up quite a bit of water. Their soil should always be moist though not sodden.

hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

You may have a compact variety which is probably dying off or have you planted in well in a reasonable sized conmtainer? Sometimes sunflowers are supplied in tiny pots with little soil and that is where the problems start!

Sunflowers are actually a very easy and fun plant to nurture, as many children will testify! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Bigger pot with more soil i would say,they use a lot of nutrients!

Advertisement