Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great Irish Vanilla Coke Hunt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not sure of it has been said yet or not (and don't feel like going through 24 pages!)

...but you can get boxes of Vanilla Coke in the 'Olde Sweet Shop' past the Vodafone shop in Waterford city.

Everything seems expensive enough in there tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

You can also get it in daybreak in churchtown (top of beaumount ave.) Although its looking like stocks are running low!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Dont know if this has been mentioned but candyland in galway sell it for 70c per can I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

anywhere in Limerick with the real stuff? I know the sweet shop has the US one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Dont know if this has been mentioned but candyland in galway sell it for 70c per can I think.

It was only ever €1.50 a can when I was in there, admittedly before Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

In Bray:

Mrs. Maguires Sweet Shop - €1.80
    Any of the asian supermarkets down the Albert Walk €1.50ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Emmacash wrote: »
    You can also get it in daybreak in churchtown (top of beaumount ave.) Although its looking like stocks are running low!

Haven't had a can in years...I'll go there tomorrow and get some!! Thanks.

Anywhere in ballinteer or dundrum stock it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

It was only ever €1.50 a can when I was in there, admittedly before Christmas

They have an offer of all cans of coke are 70c. It included cherry coke and vanilla was shown on the sign so I'm assuming its part of the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Spar in Shanowen (Santry, Dublin) have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

/!\SIGHTING ALERT!/!\

I saw a bunch of cans in the sweetshop on blackfriars street, where BPM records used to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Recently saw Mortons behind the Odeon in Dublin selling Vanilla Coke for €1.15 a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Spotted in a Londis across the road from the Luas stop outside Busaras, and the Londis in the John Hume Building at NUI Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Madladroi

I have sent Numerous E-mails to the Coca-Cola company and they have told me that the target market is not big enough for the product to be brought back to Ireland. This is pathetic. Maybe if a certain page on Facebook gets enough likes, maybe they'll consider reintroducing it to The Republic.
    Also, if you live in Donegal (Near Letterkenny), The Olde Sweet shop sells it (It is expensive though, €2 a can). The olde sweet shop is located in the bagel bar, across from Ink Nightclub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Feast your eyes and wallow in your own pit of vanilla-laced despair.

These types of fountain-drink dispensaries are cropping up all over the place where I live. This one was spotted in Moe's Southwest Grille (think Subway, with Tex Mex) the touchscreen allows you to select from a huge range of different soft drinks and it magically dispenses them using a probably-excessive network of fizzy substances and syrups, before spitting out sweet vanilla love in ways that jean luc picard could truly love.

Vanilla coke, on tap. Other flavors included regular, cherry, raspberry, vanilla-cherry, orange, and lime.

MWAHAHAHAAA

Overheal wrote: »

These types of fountain-drink dispensaries are cropping up all over the place where I live. This one was spotted in Moe's Southwest Grille (think Subway, with Tex Mex) the touchscreen allows you to select from a huge range of different soft drinks and it magically dispenses them using a probably-excessive network of fizzy substances and syrups, before spitting out sweet vanilla love in ways that jean luc picard could truly love.

Vanilla coke, on tap. Other flavors included regular, cherry, raspberry, vanilla-cherry, orange, and lime.

MWAHAHAHAAA

Hey...

F**k you buddy! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Madladroi wrote: »
    I have sent Numerous E-mails to the Coca-Cola company and they have told me that the target market is not big enough for the product to be brought back to Ireland. This is pathetic. Maybe if a certain page on Facebook gets enough likes, maybe they'll consider reintroducing it to The Republic.
    Also, if you live in Donegal (Near Letterkenny), The Olde Sweet shop sells it (It is expensive though, €2 a can). The olde sweet shop is located in the bagel bar, across from Ink Nightclub!

That is quite annoying, if they have decided to launch it in the U.K. but not Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

MWAHAHAHAAA

Saw one of these while I was in Texas last summer. Was well impressed. I wonder if these will eventually (20years) be worldwide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

MWAHAHAHAAA

ohhhh look at mister fancy arse ha :mad: get on back to where you came from nad gum it

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

Bought alotof the stuff while in America :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Saw it in Mr.Simms in Cork (Oliver Plunkett St) yesterday.
    Got so excited but then saw that they were selling it for €1.80 a can :eek:

I LOVE vanilla coke but not willing to be ripped off !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Overheal, you are one cruel baxtard! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but the sweet shop on O'Connell Street, Limerick, has it, and also cherry Dr. Pepper, which is awesome.

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but the sweet shop on O'Connell Street, Limerick, has it, and also cherry Dr. Pepper, which is awesome.

They never have it in stock, & its not the UK stuff, its imported from the US. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There's a small shop near the Manor Mills shopping centre in Maynooth which was selling it (as of last Thursday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Annie Bee's Sweet Shop in Portlaoise sells it along with some funky grape Fanta and a few other drinks.

Spar in Cherrywood, Dublin 18, have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

miralize wrote: »
    They never have it in stock, & its not the UK stuff, its imported from the US. :(

Was in there on Saturday, they got it now! Dunno what the taste difference is, because I don't drink too many fizzy things, but it might help slake the thirst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Has anyone found the actual stuff, or is it just the american version people are finding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Centra on Marlborough street in Dublin city :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Have you considered putting 1 drop of vanilla essence into some regular coke?
    You can buy it in the home baking section of most supermarkets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Jaafa wrote: »
    Has anyone found the actual stuff, or is it just the american version people are finding?

I suspect the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 D11D

Fresh in Camden Street, Dublin 2, has Vanilla Coke (American) and Cherry Coke in stock right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

I saw some in Mortons's shop in Salthill Galway for those of you who are in Galway.There is also a Mortons shop in Dublin somewhere,might be there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

They have it in Flemings in Sandyford and in the sweet shop in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

alie wrote: »
    They have it in Flemings in Sandyford and in the sweet shop in Dundrum

Which sweet shop in Dundrum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

sweet shop that's gone or the creepy one beside deveneys

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

Saw lots of it in a discount shop in Maynooth, not sure of the name of the shop but its about two doors up from the Coffee Mill...
    There's a small shop near the Manor Mills shopping centre in Maynooth which was selling it (as of last Thursday).
    Stupid mobile I didn't see this! :P

triseke wrote: »
    Which sweet shop in Dundrum?

The little one beside brambles, second floor

allanb49 wrote: »
    sweet shop that's gone or the creepy one beside deveneys

Was in the one beside devenys on Monday, they have bags of sweets for 50 cent, don't buy the egg ones , my daughter loves them but these one tasted like vomit, never again.

• Advertisement

Was in the swan centre in rathmines today and there is a new candy store that sells all American candy and soft drinks including vanilla coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I actually got one can in waterford a few weeks back. It was....alright. I guess I'm just not into coke as much anymore and drink nothing but water, milk, and tea.

€2.60 a can! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

anywhere in the midlands sell it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

Funny, I just noticed Vanilla Coke in SuperValu, Longford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

SeanW wrote: »
    Funny, I just noticed Vanilla Coke in SuperValu, Longford.

I was in there a week ago and didn't see it. Think I may go back in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Meant to post in this thread t'other day, but forgot.

The newsagents in Donaghmede Shopping Centre (Dublin) sell cans of Vanilla Coke all the time. Hate the stuff myself, so never paid much attention, but IIRC, it was 1.70 for two cans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

I was in there a week ago and didn't see it. Think I may go back in
    Forgot to reply, don't bother, it's gone.

Must have been a small single consignment they got.

I also had a look (for curiousity) in the €2 shop because their stuff is "grey market" imports from the UK I think, no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

alie wrote: »
    The little one beside brambles, second floor

Checked yesterday, only cherry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

sweet shop in wicklow town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Meant to post in this thread t'other day, but forgot.

The newsagents in Donaghmede Shopping Centre (Dublin) sell cans of Vanilla Coke all the time. Hate the stuff myself, so never paid much attention, but IIRC, it was 1.70 for two cans.
    Great price. Best I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 trippyfella

Hahah love the passion all for a drink. Understand it tho, vanilla coke is pretty amazing

• Advertisement
Advertisement