Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great Irish Vanilla Coke Hunt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

SeanW wrote: »
    Forgot to reply, don't bother, it's gone.

Must have been a small single consignment they got.

I also had a look (for curiousity) in the €2 shop because their stuff is "grey market" imports from the UK I think, no joy.

Yeah I went in Saturday and got 4 cans there were 2 left but prob not for too long!

Might try centra they do get some odd drinks there.

Supervalue might get em back when they realise they sell. They were only 97 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

It tastes like dog p1ss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How much are people willing to pay for this nectar? Might be worth setting up a Boards shipment so we can all get a discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

phill106 wrote: »
    bought a can of it in shannon, 1.90 each!
    saving it for tonight now.
    miralize wrote: »
    Shannon is a bit vague... where in Shannon? ;)

That sweet shoppe in the town centre. i was very disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

The Centra ( or which ever shop it is ) next to Pearse Street dart station has it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Checked yesterday, only cherry :(

O no, and I was looking for cherry coke that day, the American store in the swan in rathmines has it and they also have jolly rancher drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the petro station at the junction of Rochestown Avenue & Pottery Road (near Baker's corner) is selling 2 x 500ml bottles for €3.60, not sure if it's the American version though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kickslate

Urg I hated this stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I bought 2 cans today in the sweet shop in dundrum! the one on level 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

They have VC in Spar Cherrywood...........and other horrible stuff.

• Advertisement

Yeah...customers like you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Will you all stop stealing my supply :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Apparently the Red Shop in Dalkey is selling bottles of it for €1.60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Mortons on Hatch Street have cans for €1.15 mark I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

After yearning for Vanilla Coke yesterday (I loved the stuff), it has come to my attention that the coca cola site has relisted Ireland as a seller of Vanilla coke.

So if anyone can find any vanilla coke in a shop, or lying around, report in! :D

Mrs.Murphy's sweet shop Ennis. Possibly other 'old fashioned'sweet shops too

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Got it in "Sugar and Ice" sweet shop in Enniskerry (Wicklow).
    One can is 90c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Madladroi

Two shops sell it in Letterkenny. One is The Olde Sweet Shop (Cans, American - €2 each) And Superdrug (Bottles, English - One for €1.60 or Two for €2.45)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

daybreak in churchtown d14 have the American one €1.40 a can but its bigger than the normal size can :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 lomtick

The real stuff (and not the american corn syrup stuff) is available in Sainsbury's in the Quays in Newry; 1.5 litre bottles :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Madladroi wrote: »
    Two shops sell it in Letterkenny. One is The Olde Sweet Shop (Cans, American - €2 each) And Superdrug (Bottles, English - One for €1.60 or Two for €2.45)
    They have it for sale in the Superdrug Limerick too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The sweet shop in Carlow Town on Potato Market sell cans of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Got some last wedensday after seeing it and getting a massive surprise finally seeing it in a shop after all these years, the little newsagents across just on the corner from Busaras and the LUAS stop there :D They have tayto bars there too, so FINALLY got to try one! :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The Gate Newsagent on Lord Edward street sells big bottles of it for around 2:50

The Gate Newsagent on Lord Edward street sells big bottles of it for around 2:50

I paid €2 for a can yesterday! Robbin' bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Just had a bottle of it from Heathrow. Better than the american stuff lads. Real suga'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Morton's behind the Odeon is having an offer at the moment of two cans of Vanilla coke for €2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Oh my GOD, the €1.50 shop in the Ilac in Dublin have 1.5 litre bottles for €1.50, no more being ripped off AND it tastes great. :D:D

I got a bit excited...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Boards openly supporting discussion about people's coke addiction and where to get their next hit, absolutely disgusting, children reading this and all, this countrys gone down the drain, no morals, no hope.

Boards openly supporting discussion about people's coke addiction and where to get their next hit, absolutely disgusting, children reading this and all, this countrys gone down the drain, no morals, no hope.

Do you know where we can get cheap good coke or not, because if not you're wasting our time? *twitches sporadically as she speaks*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Do you know where we can get cheap good coke or not, because if not you're wasting our time? *twitches sporadically as she speaks*

Jesus, I'm surrounded by them, GET AWAY FROM ME JUNKIE *throws coke at face and runs*

• Advertisement

Jesus, I'm surrounded by them, GET AWAY FROM ME JUNKIE *throws coke at face and runs*

That's all we wanted, off with ya! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Saw some in the Spar at the end of Tara St, on the Quays. Think it's Georges Quay?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

It's for sale again in the UK...so is the UK stuff for sale in Northern Ireland? I got the American Import stuff before, €1:50 for the can, it wasn't great, it just didn't give me the nostalgic flavour, I then found out it was because they don't use sugar in american coke, so when a friend from the UK read the were bringing it back, she immediately told me knowing how much I've been wanting some for so long...she's still taunting me to be honest. I would think ASDA or Tesco in the north would stock it because of it being a UK store chain in the UK. Has anyone been up there and seen it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

seanpjs93 wrote: »
    It's for sale again in the UK...so is the UK stuff for sale in Northern Ireland? I got the American Import stuff before, €1:50 for the can, it wasn't great, it just didn't give me the nostalgic flavour, I then found out it was because they don't use sugar in american coke, so when a friend from the UK read the were bringing it back, she immediately told me knowing how much I've been wanting some for so long...she's still taunting me to be honest. I would think ASDA or Tesco in the north would stock it because of it being a UK store chain in the UK. Has anyone been up there and seen it?
    Dealz are apparently stocking the UK stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

They also have it in the little shop on the way to Tara St dart station :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭SeanW

spotted the stuff in the €2 shop in Harbour Row shopping centre in Mullingar - it's in an open fridge beside the counter, you have to look closely because it's not well marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

Got 3 cans for 1.49 in Dealz in Drogheda on Saturday. Went down yesterday and there was only one can of it left. Shelf was full when I went saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Got 3 cans for 1.49 in Dealz in Drogheda on Saturday. Went down yesterday and there was only one can of it left. Shelf was full when I went saturday

They have tons of it in Dealz in Cork.

It's the U.K. stuff though so nowhere near as nice as the U.S. version but at 3 cans for 1.49 it will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

kingtut wrote: »
    They have tons of it in Dealz in Cork.

It's the U.K. stuff though so nowhere near as nice as the U.S. version but at 3 cans for 1.49 it will do :)

I'm sure you meant that the other way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

I've just gotten some in Dealz aswell, 6 for 2.98.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

seanpjs93 wrote: »
    I've just gotten some in Dealz aswell, 6 for 2.98.

Thats valya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I....... Need too find some coke in the Sligo area... Will'n too travel... Anyone know? Irishstew???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Went into Dealz today, they didnt have any, asked the guy when they were getting it back, he said that they werent :(

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    They also have it in the little shop on the way to Tara St dart station :D

Just bought one there today for lunch and then saw this thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pensivepuca

Seen 3 cans for £1 in the poundshop off the Diamond Square in Derry, the street that Austins is on. On a self on both sides of the store near the entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

miralize wrote: »
    Went into Dealz today, they didnt have any, asked the guy when they were getting it back, he said that they werent :(

What what what???
    He probably just didn't know when, so he said they weren't.

Dealz in Carlow has a hape of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DisgruntledStud

The newsagents beside tesco in blanchardstown stock the american vanilla coke! I've prob bought 20 cans myself already hah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The euro shop were selling them for a while, the real sugar stuff too. Tasted perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They have it in Londis in Ballyfermot.

I hadn't seen it in Ireland since 2005 until today!

Where have you been all these years? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

mikemac1 wrote: »
    They have it in Londis in Ballyfermot.

I hadn't seen it in Ireland since 2005 until today!

Where have you been all these years? :)

I give it a year.

Advertisement