Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pandora Charm Bracelets

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

cork*girl wrote: »
    I presume this has been mentioned but I havent read through the whole thread..You can get charms that arnt Pandora and are just as good and ALOT cheaper. I have a pandora and I love it..!!
    I was told that the fakes dont mix well with the "real" Pandora charms!Mixing metals (or somethin like that). Is that true or just a sales technique?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

anniehoo wrote: »
    I was told that the fakes dont mix well with the "real" Pandora charms!Mixing metals (or somethin like that). Is that true or just a sales technique?

deffo just a sales thing!!! its like when i worked in a shoes shop, of course our shoe care was better then the rest!!! really...its not!!!

serisouly me and my mam got ones off http://www.beadsandcharms.co.uk/ for my sister! arrived within 4 days, got a choice of one free cause the order was over £35 and they look lovely on the bracelet! no problems what so ever and would deffo use them again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I don't really wear jewellery because I find it all a bit fussy and overstated but I think these bracelets (along with those Links ones) have become incredibly ubiquitous and that alone is unappealing to me. I'd much rather have something a little vintage and original than wear something that's pretty much as common as getting your highlights done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Larianne wrote: »
    No, I know a few girls in their 30's who have them.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cait7

Hi, Does anybody know if the Pandora charms fit on the Newbridge charm bracelet?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkyc

I just got a Pandora Charm Bracelet wednesday gone for my leaving cert results, and it was the nicest thought. I love it, my parents got it for me and it had two charms on it a gardian angel and a colour round one (for abit of colour she said), it was the best suprise =] because i've been eyeing them up for awhile now but thought they were very expensive but now since my parents got it for me it means far more to me I love it! I'll always remember why i got it and i can add to it with dif charms for special events, it'll be like my own 'life calander thing' (i know it sounds cheesy but i think ye get what im trying to say lol)

so if anyone is thinking of buying one for themselves or for someone else, it's a fab idea and you/they'll love it!

x:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zbizness

krbexpress wrote: »
    i have purchased these bracelets for numerous friends and family members, it makes my life soo easy as i pick up the charms as i go along, yes you can make them look tacky if you have no sense of design, but if you sit down and plan the style you want to make you can make a really nice stylish bracelet.
    i know for a fact everytime i have given one as a gift they have been grately appreciated and the recipients have been all age groups
    i get mine in the jewellery shop near my office in citywest, they have a website ronancampbell.com
    hope that helps

I'm not sure if my post is allowed or not and know this is going to sound like I am affiliated with this jeweler but I just had a great customer experience and thought I would share this with everyone. My wife has a Pandora bracelet and I have been online for an hour looking for and calling jewelers trying to find a specific charm. Different websites were not that user friendly and some jewelers were not that helpful, but as mentioned above (and this is how I found them) RonanCampell.com has a great website to navigate (although I could not find how long postage would be). So I rang them to find out I could order right there and have it posted free of charge which normally is next day delivery but being Xmas may take two days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Whoever own's Pandora is laughing in his marble mansion on his private island and counting all his millions of dollars I suspect :rolleyes: Seriously though, why do they need to be so damn expensive? 30euros for a charm? People have more money than sense it seems if they are willing to fork out their hard earned cash on something so absurdly priced. The idea that they are a particularly special present is just a marketing ploy by the company, it's their angle and it's clearly working very well on consumers. I would be seriously unimpressed if my boyfriend got me such a thoughtless convenience present. It's the biggest cop out ever, imo it's the equivalent of the aftershave-shower gel combo for men. Just because it costs a feck load of money doesn't make it special or more meaningful either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lightglow

branners69 wrote: »
    Is there an age limit for pandora charm bracelets?

My wife will be 30 and I was thinking about getting her a bracelet with 5 or 6 charms! But I dont want to find out such things are only for 18 and 21 year olds!

No:eek: I'm 30 and I have one. I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

lots of my friends have them and even some well into their 30s....I got one lat christmas and love it, in fact i nevr take it off....there were 3 charms on it and each had a meaning, i got a present of one more during the year (again with a reason behind it)...so yes loads of people have them, they are everywhere but mine is unique to me...noone has the same charms with teh same meanings....thats what makes them special !!! Anyone thinking of buying one...DO...altho dont buy the fakes....dodgy quality !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zbizness

branners69 wrote: »
    Is there an age limit for pandora charm bracelets?

My wife will be 30 and I was thinking about getting her a bracelet with 5 or 6 charms! But I dont want to find out such things are only for 18 and 21 year olds!

My wife is 30 and she actually hinted that I buy her some charms for her Pandora braclet that her sister bought her for her 30th birthday. She loves it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

I'm 40 and I have one. Bought it a while back with one charm and I'd been eagerly waiting for Christmas to come along. Told everyone I'd like a charm and I got 4 lovely charms to add to my bracelet. I did go on the Pandora website and choose a wish list but then decided I'd like the charms to be chosen by the people I love which is more meaningful.

Yes, they are expensive but beautifully made and very durable. I like how solid and weighty the bracelet feels on my wrist with the few charms. You get what you pay for, I think.

Ok, so some people may think they are tacky but I think it's a case of 'love it or hate it' and I have to say, I love mine. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Similar to Swarofski in tattiness imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have a Tiffany charm bracelet and I got a pandora bracelet for christmas.

I got my tiffany one in NYC two years ago, the total cost with four charms was around 600 euro. I love wearing it for special occasions, but it's too nice for day to day wear.
    My pandora bracelet is something I'm more comfortable wearing every day.

Everyone's taste in jewelery is different, but I personally think it's rude to say that people with pandora bracelets have poor or tacky taste.

Advertisement