Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer of Arcade: 'Splosion Man

• 22-07-2009 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

Out today, and it looks like my kind of game. Made by the same people that made The Maw, but much longer and harder. (Thats what she said).

Looks like a fun platformer/puzzler. If anyone grabs it during the day (800 points, BTW), post back here and let us know if its any good....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Can't wait to get this! Been craving for some platforming..

There's been some great releases on xbla recently Monkey Island, Droplitz, Madballs (surprisingly great).. and Trials HD is coming out in August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not to mention Shadow Complex, which I can't wait for. Looks absolutely brilliant....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This has been getting very good reviews, supposed to be quite tough in later stages, i'll be buying for sure when we get our internet in the new house.

mise wrote: »
    Can't wait to get this! Been craving for some platforming..

There's been some great releases on xbla recently Monkey Island, Droplitz, Madballs (surprisingly great).. and Trials HD is coming out in August

Not to mention Worms 2, BC: Rearmed, Battlefield 1943 etc. Not a big fan of droplitz myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Mr E wrote: »
    Not to mention Shadow Complex, which I can't wait for. Looks absolutely brilliant....

Just checked that out.. hadn't heard of it, looks great..

I downloaded the Droplitz demo and wasn't liking it that much.. but had some extra points and unlocked the full game after reading some reviews.. and can't stop playing it now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This looks like great fun. I have the maw but haven't played it yet :/ Forgot I even had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It looks good, reminds me of Cloning Clyde with its play style. Have to agree the Live Arcade is really picking up since E3 this year and with all the above games plus looking foward to Perfect Dark later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Looks good. The main character sounds like Pinky from Pinky and the Brain.

Bloody good game... very tricky in spots. Up to level 10 now.... Just 40 to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Play the trial just there, really fun. Getting it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am getting paid tomorrow and was wondering how much roughly would it cost me for 60gb hard drive some xbox live subscription and 2100 points so I could buy this game? I have no space for it on my arcade :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Mr E wrote: »
    Bloody good game... very tricky in spots. Up to level 10 now.... Just 40 to go!

I heard a developer on a podcast say there where 100 levels.

Not a big fan of platforms, this is tempting me though.

There are 100.... 50 single player, 50 multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Excellent game. Best arcade game I've played in a long time. Deffinitely has a Cloning Clyde feel to it (another great game). Actually looking forward to playin it again after work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Got it. Good fun - like Mirrors Edge in that when you get it right and everything is free-flowing it can be beautiful (and less of the try, fail, try, fail element that ME was slated for).

Not quite difficult but challenging at times (though I'm only up to level 2-3 and my times are waaaay off par :D)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'm up to 1.10 so far i think. Really fun game.

Anyone unlock the premium theme yet? is it any good?

Okay, finished the single player on this last night. So far I've put 5+ hours in and loving it. Some fiendishly difficult parts (levels 2-6 through 2-9 are a nightmare). When you beat the last boss, you unlock hardcore mode which is gaming sadism at its best/worst. No checkpoints, one hit kills from all the enemies!!!!

Unlocked the premium theme but havent checked it out cos for some reason it took me forever to find out how to change my theme from my old one to the 1 vs 100 premium theme (which is both free and deadly).

Played a bit of the multiplayer, and unless you're playing with people with mics and decent connections it's pointless. You really have to work together and get the timing spot on. Having said that, it's even better than the SP when you get a good team (you can play in 2's, 3's or 4's).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah it's a good game although the multiplayer is waay too laggy. I play with 2 of my friends who only live a couple of miles away and both have 3mb+ Eircom and the lag is horrible sometimes. Hope they bring out an update...

Single player is great, looking forward to finishing it at the weekend.

Multiplayer (with Live users) is horribly broken though. While playing with a friend, I gave up in frustration midway through the first level. I'd be standing in one place, and he'd see me in a completely different place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Send them an email about the lag. I've already sent one. Hopefully they'll get a patch out soon:

comments@twistedpixelgames.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Finished single player - it was amazing, just back to basics fun.

And they are some of the best done achievements on XBLA, 'Not a portal reference'. Really good stuff! And for the amount of game you get 800 points is great value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

After playing the trial last night, I bought this!

It's the one thing lacking with my 360 game library, some decent platformers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this is brilliant. "everybody loves donuts...." hilarious stuff.

Advertisement