Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Independent & Impact Media?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Interestingly, I purchased on Connacht Sentienal this week. At 50c, it's well worth it, and it's got far more than 1/4 of the E-2 Tribune.

Is there a relationship between the two papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 umpirestrike

Cloh,
    exactly, but there is a reason it is deemed to be better because it has ten times the number of contributers. If the Independent had ten times the number of writers the tribune had, it too would be better and so on so on. It's just logical. Its like someone coming on here and saying that I had chips in Supermacs and they werent as good as the meal I had in the g hotel. And then acting to be shocked. However, there are more people here who read (not disregard) the free press and free radio than buy the tribune as their sales are fallen. anyways CloH, are ya going to ask your boss will the tribune be cheaper now that they have taken the life magazine out of it as they said Id' be paying the higher price for it. Dick Byrne who i love to read spilled the beings on it last week when he said he was been shafted as the paper was in dire straights. i heard their laying off from next week the contributers and more to come. all the media are in trouble id say but stil galway has a gaggle of decent papers. you should live in other places and you would'nt be complaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Again this week they have full page adverts in the free papers here in limerick.Also an mini interview with Niall Mcgarry jesus he comes across as a total tosser not very professional at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I think the reason is is that they block buy loads of pages at a cheap rate and then resell them to their customers who are doing advertising campaigns with them.
    If no one has a sale on, promo, etc. tand doesn't need the space then they may as well have an ad for themselves seeing as they'd have paid for it already! A blank page would be weirder no?

Advertisement