Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Creches

• 22-07-2009 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there, I was wondering if I could get some help please. I have a child whos nearly 2, and has been with a regular child minder since 8 mths. My child minder has now decided she cannot look after my child anymore, and i need to find a creche asap. Can anyone suggest a safe creche in the town area or just outside, that is also reasonably priced Thanking u so much for ur help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

There is lots of places in town... Jan's Nursery is one near "The Company" hairdressers on Tower hill. Get the number from the phone book or 11850, I don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Hi,

Graceland Creche and Montisorey in Fairgreen is a great place.
    My Daughter is 2 years old and has been there since she was 6 months old and runs into the place in the morning and they have great backgarden to be playing out etc.

The number is 057 8666862.
    They also have another creche in another part of Laois.
    Grace is the owner of the creche's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

elainee40 wrote: »
    Hi,

Graceland Creche and Montisorey in Fairgreen is a great place.
    My Daughter is 2 years old and has been there since she was 6 months old and runs into the place in the morning and they have great backgarden to be playing out etc.

The number is 057 8666862.
    They also have another creche in another part of Laois.
    Grace is the owner of the creche's

the other one is in the Hermitage on the borris Road

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Darling Buds in Maryborough on Mountrath Road. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Son has been there for 2 years. Think they have place in Garden Village on Mountmellick Road also.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rosepetal

Little stars in kilminchy is good too, I used to work there and would highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 whiteLily

I just join the forum. I am now staying in Kilminchy, Portloaise. Will be here for vacation at the same time wanting to earn extra for me to travel. I was working in Tumble Tots before ( children charactor building center or you can visit the website: www.tumbletots.com.my) and i am a private tutor in my country in Malaysia. I can speak good Chinese and English. I will be staying here till end of Sept. If anyone is looking for a babysitter, please feel free to contact me rachele.mun@gmail.com 0872913854. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kimbo20

Hi Parents,

My Name is Kimberly and i live in portlaoise. Im 22 and am starting a childcare fetec level 5 course early october . So i am looking to get lots of experience while im doing the course and also hope to keep it up after.

Im Free Evenings or Weekends , And i dont mind minding in your home or mine which ever suits you best.

I have experience with kids from having younger siblings and also i did alot of babysitting few years back. I have experience from young babys to teens.

I drive and have a full cleans driving licence.

I can give you work references also.

Whether your looking for a regular babsitter or a once off i would be more then happy to hear from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mari16sp

hi there can you send me your phone number kinda need a sitter

• Registered Users Posts: 11 syberia

Rainbow castle is a great creche/playschool, my son is there and I'm delighted with them. My son was going to Graceland in Fairgreen and I have to say I was everything but impressed with them... you can have a look at Rainbow castles facebook and website, they are in Esker hills. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dolly32

Rainbow castles is brilliant. I had my children in Graceland crèche but I ran from the place. All the girls are lovely but the owner is so rude. All she wanted to do is increase prices and tell me that my children were ill when they weren't. I had an issue with one of my children being spoken to very harshly by her and I kept calling and calling to discuss it but she was constantly in available to meet with me! I finally went to take them out and straight away got a call from her. When we came to no resolution she became very rude and started saying I wouldn't get my deposit back and that I needed to pay her 4 wks notice!!! Stay away if I were you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 shaunab7649

Hi I am 18 and studying childcare in college I live in kilminchy in portloise and I am available weekend and evenings I have experience in a creche and primary school also
    Thank you
    Shauna Braney.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 babymamma

Hi There
    Do you think there is a need for another pre-school in Portlaoise town.
    I would love to hear from Childcare Workers all Parents as I am doing a survey. I would love to contact people to ask some questions.
    Thanks a Mill

Advertisement