Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gym in Mullingar?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

I am currently a member of the Mullingar Park gym but my membership renewal is next month. I was considering changing to the Bloomfield gym as if I remember correctly I think it was less expensive to the Mullingar Park. Can anyone tell me if the Bloomfield gym is better than Mullingar Park gym?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Why not try Flex gym in clonmore industrial estate. More a proper gym than a leisure center. It might not be what you're looking for but it is another option that you might not be aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

+1

Flex gym is a good option. I went to have a look there recently and it's a nice place. They have all the usual weights machine as well as free weights and a good choice of cardio machines as well.

They also offer different pay scales depending on wether you wanted to do a three month, six month or twelve month contract. And no peak or off peak. I was offered a free trial to see if I liked it which I thought was very good.

Well worth checking out if you are looking for a serious gym as opposed to a health spa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

+1

Flex gym is a good option. I went to have a look there recently and it's a nice place. They have all the usual weights machine as well as free weights and a good choice of cardio machines as well.

They also offer different pay scales depending on wether you wanted to do a three month, six month or twelve month contract. And no peak or off peak. I was offered a free trial to see if I liked it which I thought was very good.

Well worth checking out if you are looking for a serious gym as opposed to a health spa.

where abouts is Flex gym in clonmore? is it new? how much is membership? we currently pay €105/month (50 ~each) for the mullingar park..but we do like the option of having the pool. but, i'm interested in finding out more about Flex?

Flex is on the Mullingar Business Park behind Kehoe Interiors and just past the Car shop next to that.

I'm gonna quote off of the leaflet I got off them about the prices, as follows:

Weekly membership €15
    1 month Single membership €55
    3 month Single membership €120
    6 month Single membership €230
    Single yearly membership €375
    Couple 1 year €600
    Golden years Single €275
    Golden years Couple €450
    Student rate 18+ €275

Phone numbers: 044 93 85578
    Open Mon-Fri 10.30am - 10pm / Sat 10.00am - 6pm

Hope this is useful for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

might go down and have a look myself. I never use the pool in the Park hotel.

Is Flex not open on a Sunday or Bank Holiday? I love going to the gym on a sunday morning when they are deserted

• Advertisement

Is Flex not open on a Sunday or Bank Holiday? I love going to the gym on a sunday morning when they are deserted

Not sure, best to give them a tinkle first :D

went in to have a look - not too bad.

a lot of big fellas standing round the weights... as per most gyms i suppose

might give the free trial a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Just heard from my friend that Bloomfield gym have dropped their membership fee to €495 (I think it was €635 when I last enquired). She phoned the Park Hotel (as her membership is up for renewal) and asked will they be doing the same to which she was told that they weren't budging on their membership fee. So if you're a member of the Park Hotel gym and your membership is up for renewal you'll save €165 by switching to Bloomfield!! But maybe if enough people query this perhaps they'll drop their price too!! :D

The Park Hotel gym appears to have forgotten about the economic downturn :confused:

its easy money for them, why would they drop it? a lot of people just keep the direct debit going

gyms are expensive in mullingar. and badly equipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

its easy money for them, why would they drop it? a lot of people just keep the direct debit going

gyms are expensive in mullingar. and badly equipped

not just badly equipped, shockingly badly equiped :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement