Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den BBC2 9pm

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

What if we throw in a bottle of reggae sauce?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Got an idea, at the IPO we do a Boylepoker dragons den. Marty Padraig Rory Dave and O'Shy are the dragons, players walk in and put in a pitch for a poker related investment including staking in front of IPO audience. I can already see O'Shy ripping up the money in front of some poor French player who clearly doesnt understand whats going on.

Just give it to me, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Damn was this on tonight? is there any replays coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

What if we throw in a bottle of reggae sauce?

I'm in if i can throw it at your dragons, well one of your dragons in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cliff's notes of his pitch anyone?

Mellor wrote: »
    Cliff's notes of his pitch anyone?
    I wear dark glasses and I'm a sales trainer by profession. Please listen to my never had a chance poker pitch so I can show my ability at my real trade and keep 100% of my action
    ;)

It's in the pokrnews interview I linkied a few posts up and the episode is on bbc iplayer if youse non licence payers can access it http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lvxy2/Dragons_Den_Series_7_Episode_2/ edit 31 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Cant stand the cow. She almost starts crying if any of the other Dragons try to outbid her. Harry and Paul put it best...

I quite like her actually, she may be tough but she is fair, does invest, has business accumen and isn't a totally arrogant bitch.

All unlike this.......
    ?type=display

*she being the female equivalant of Deborah Meaden on the irish version of DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Degag wrote: »
    Really? Did not know that.

Yeah, it did but it was actually a terrible investment. It was a £10 game with £5 of it being the rake, or something similar. The complete facts are escaping me even though it was only reshown last week. The projested profits were also pretty pathetic. I think the Dragons only went for it because it was in the middle of the Poker boom. In any case, as the_pits said, they must have seen sence in the end.

I have a feeling that the Dragons will go for it when they hear that he won 355k. As far as i know they won't really know the technicalities of Poker and i think that will stand him in good stead.

They went for it on the basis that he had the .com & .co.uk websites registered and they saw the potential in the websites; nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hubchap

tm2204 wrote: »
    They went for it on the basis that he had the .com & .co.uk websites registered and they saw the potential in the websites; nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Love That Show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

missed the whole thing ... anyone got a link for the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Macspower wrote: »
    missed the whole thing ... anyone got a link for the show?

segment starts just under a minute in

Advertisement