Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels / hostels in Lahinch.

• 22-07-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm hoping to head down to Lahinch for the August bank holiday, can someone recommend a decent hostel / hotel in the area?
    Preferably cheap enough.
    Also any good pubs / night spots you'd recommend? Will hopefully be doing a bit of surfing there.
    Thanks,
    H2DC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Have been down twice but not in the last 5 years so forget all the names of places down there! But I know a lad from Lahinch so Ill ask him and post when I find out,Dont think there's any hostels nd there might be one hotel/guest house not too sure of the price but depending on how many of ye there is you're prob cheper getting an apartment or a house for thee weekend? Thats what we done and both times it worked out cheaper,but there were 6-7 of us per house.All the pubs are on one street so start at the bottom and work your way up to the Surf Club!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cheers Gillington, how did you arrange to rent the house? Did you find it online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

The big hotel in lahinch think its called the lahinch leisure and golf or something rents out apartments with 2 bedrooms and a living room. It sleeps 6 or 7 but i'm not sure on the price, i stayed there before for a stag and it was very handy for a group and they served late.
    If youre going to book a house try
    http://www.selfcatering-ireland.com/

Theres lots of bars in lahinch that are good, always a good band in flanagans or kennys, or o looneys.
    and theres two clubs, Coast and the one across the road the Claremount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hey Chimpy, fancy meeting you here!

I was sure there was a hostel in Lahinch and used this thing called Google to find it :D

http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php/ChosenCity.Lahinch/ChosenCountry.Ireland?source=googleadwordsnewdestinations&gclid=CM7ExLzE7psCFUQA4wod7Arw-A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Golf Lodge B&B, couldn't recommend it enough. Just around the corner from the Centra at top of the main street. Very cheap, good breakfast spread and rooms are fine and all ensuite.

065 7082000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ladylilly21

Hotels: The Shamrock
    The Atlantic

Cheap ans cheerful

Good pubs: The Shamrock, The Spinacker, The 19th Bar

Night clubs: (1st) The Coast, (2nd) H30 & (3rd) The Claremont.

There is one main street in Lahinch where most of these place can be found. The Spinacker & H30 are going towards the beach/prom

Enjoy your stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

You can't beat a few pints in O'Looneys and looking out to the sea, beautiful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

exiot wrote: »
    You can't beat a few pints in O'Looneys and looking out to the sea, beautiful
    Normally I would agree 100% with you, but since they've done the place up it's more like "a plate of food while looking out at the sea" rather than a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cheers all, just found out approx 3 of the guys have backed out. A week before the date - feckin recession! So this is all up in the air now.
    Thanks for all the replies though!

Advertisement