Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B'day Present when you've NO money??

Options
  • 22-07-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So I've a wonderful friend who has been a great support to me this past year. Just amazing - I'm a single mum and I met this woman about 2 years ago - she has gotten me through some very tough times and helped me out enormously in the past few years. Just when I was begining to think that all my friends were married and didn't have time for me anymore, I met her and we've become very close.

So here's the thing. It's her birthday very soon and I have absolutely NO money. I lost my job a while back and am struggling desperately. I have enough for a card but I really want to do something special for her just to show her how much I've appreciated what she's done for me recently...has anyone any idea of something I could DO for her, or something I could get for her when I've no money??? I know she's not expecting anything from me because she knows how little I have these days...but I really, really want to show her my appreciation. Thanks alot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Moved from PI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Does she have kids herself? Babysitting vouchers might go down a treat :)

A card with some of what you've written below about how much she's come to mean to you and how much she's helped you would be a really lovely present, people treasure stuff like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here. do you mind me asking where this thread was moved to? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Could you bake a cake for her? Or make a photo collage of things ye have done together. I accept that both could cost a little money, ingerdients, etc.

Thanks for ideas...yes she does have kids and I like the idea of babysitting vouchers!...cant bake to save my life sorry! And have very little photo's of her..! Any other ideas?? Help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I think Sunnyside has the right idea- you could do a photo collage thing or a scrapbook.
    A scrapbook could be used as a sort of memory book. You could use the internet to find funny little photos of things she's interested in, quotes that sum up what she means to you, photos of the two of you together, lyrics of songs she likes and then just get creative with some pictures of your own- doodles etc. I love to do this for friends including sticking in reciepts, photos, leaflets or cards from places you've been together. You can use old magzines to add more colour to the piece. If you go down the scrapbook route, you can use an old child's comic or magazine to wrap it in- I love doing this as it is unique and also helping the environment :)
    If you have a garden or she does, you could repot a plant for her?

I think it's a wonderful thing that you're doing and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it. Spending money is easy- creating unique, individual things is not!!! Good luck :)

Wow lilylily what wonderful ideas! Thanks...like I said, I have very few photos of her so not sure that would be an option ..but really like the idea of a scrapbook type thing...thanks again

Advertisement