Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown/ECW/Superstars Spoilers

• 22-07-2009 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

SD
    Dark Match:
    * Drew McIntrye b. Jimmy Wang Yang

SmackDown: (Airing Friday)
    * Jeff Hardy cut a promo to open SmackDown.

* Jeff Hardy b. Chris Jericho
    - Solid match throughout.

* Melina & Michelle McCool are backstage. Melina throws makeup in Michelle's face.

* Dolph Ziggler b. Finlay by countout.
    - Finlay is counted out after Dolph connects with a backbreaker.

* The Great Khali b. Mike Knox
    - Khali gets the win after Kane comes out and stands at the top of the ramp, creating a distraction.

* CM Punk cuts a promo calling out the fans. Jeff Hardy came out and they have a standoff.

* Eve b. Natalya
    - Eve got the win with a moonsault.

* Promos of Chris Jericho and Kane talking to The Great Khali separately are shown.

* R-Truth b. Charlie Haas

* Rey Mysterio b. CM Punk via disqualification
    - Mysterio gets the win after Dolph Ziggler interferes. Ziggler attacked Mysterio while Jeff Hardy came out to the rescue. CM Punk came back and hit Go To Sleep on Hardy to end the show.

Superstars
    * Christian defeated William Regal

* Evan Bourne defeated Jamie Noble
    Bourne got the pin after completing the Shooting Star Press.

* John Morrison defeated Kane via Disqualification
    - John Morrison jumped out of the ring at Kane. Kane stops him with a chair by throwing it while he's in mid-air. The Great Khali came out and Kane retreated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

ECW
    * Yoshi Tatsu b. William Regal

* Ezekiel Jackson b. A Jobber Named Mike Williams
    - After the match Vladimir Kozlov came out and his finisher on the jobber.

* Shelton Benjamin b. Goldust

* Sheamus cuts a promo backstage.

* Gregory Helms interviews Paul Burchill & Katie Lea backstage. Goldust interrupts and haves a "tourettes attack."

* Tyler Reks b. Paul Burchill

* Christian & Tommy Dreamer were on the "Abraham Washington Show." The two exchanged blows and ended with a staredown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Sheamus backstage promo better be totally in Connemara Irish, with correct tuisil ginnideach and modh choinnilleach, or I riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

flahavaj wrote: »
    The Sheamus backstage promo better be totally in Connemara Irish, with correct tuisil ginnideach and modh choinnilleach, or I riot.

I hope you do :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

More detailed spoilers....
    SmackDown:
    - Jeff Hardy comes out and cuts a promo on CM Punk, claiming he'll win the World Heavyweight Title at Night of Champions. He then vows payback on Chris Jericho for last week's attack.

1) Jeff Hardy defeated Chris Jericho. Great match. Jericho kicked out of the Whisper in the Wind, and Jeff reversed the Walls of Jericho twice and made it to the ropes a third time. Jeff kicked out of the Codebreaker after he flew out of the ring selling it. Finish came when Jericho crotched Jeff on the top rope and tried to superplex him, but Jeff blocked it and hit the Swanton Bomb for the win.

- Backstage Michelle McCool ran down former WWE Divas (even forgetting what Trish Stratus' name was) while getting her makeup done. Melina showed up to let her know she'd be winning the Women's Title at Night of Champions and threw makeup all over her.

2) The Great Khali defeated Mike Knox. During the match Kane came out to watch. Khali hit the Punjabi Plunge on Knox for the win. Khali challenged Kane to come to the ring, and Kane got halfway in the ring before backing off.

3) Dolph Ziggler (w/ Maria) defeated Finlay by Count Out. Before the match Ziggler noted that he's not one for elaborate introductions, but after Night of Champions we'll know him as Dolph Ziggler, Intercontinental Champion. Funny moment as when Ziggler went to get Maria a chair from ringside he turned down the regular folding chair and made sure she got a comfy announcer chair. Not a lot of heat for this match. Finlay beat down Ziggler at ringside, but backed off when Maria went to check on Ziggler. Ziggler hit Finlay with his finisher while Finlay was trying to get back into the ring and then made it inside himself to beat the ten count.

- Backstage Chris Jericho talked to Kane, presumably about being his partner, but there was no audio.

- CM Punk came out to challenge the WWE Universe to walk away from their vices (don't drink, smoke, take pills, cheer Jeff Hardy, etc). Jeff Hardy came out to confront Punk but Punk "just said no" and walked away. Really nice promo by Punk.

4) Eve (w/ Cryme Tyme) defeated Natalya (w/ Hart Dynasty). Decent little match. Eve is improving. Eve won with a moonsault.

- Backstage Chris Jericho approached The Great Khali about being his tag team partner. Khali said (according to Runjin Singh) that he'd love to be a champion but wouldn't want to be Jericho 's partner. Jericho 's shoulder was wrapped with ice and you could see under the wrap that it looked pretty nasty.

5) R-Truth defeated Charlie Haas. R-Truth hurt his leg (not sure if kayfabe or legit, likely kayfabe) and Haas worked it over. Truth his the axe kick for the win in a surprisingly competitive match.

- JR and Todd Grisham ran down the card from inside the ring.

6) Rey Mysterio defeated CM Punk by DQ. Kind of disappointing match. Picked up at the end though. During the match Dolph Ziggler came out to ringside. Mysterio had Punk beat with the 619 and springboard splash but Ziggler interfered for the DQ. After the match Ziggler hit Mysterio with his finisher twice while Punk looked on from the ramp. Ziggler went for a third finisher but Jeff Hardy ran out for the save, knocking Punk's title out of his hands as he ran by. This caused Punk to return to the ring to give Jeff the GTS to end the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

flahavaj wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Boo.

Good promo again though, well delivered, no hint of nerves. Our Seamus is carrying himself well so far. Maith thu a Sheamuisin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyone watch smackdown?

Punk and Rey on top form again. Wouldn't mind seeing Rey v Punk again.

Enjoyed Punks just say no to Jeff. I would like to see these two finish the feud with a ladder match at summerslam.

I hope they get R Truth into a feud. He could really take off as the fans respond well to him.

I enjoyed the show overall. The fast forward button gets an easy time during smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I watched it and enjoyed most bar that dire Khali match. Mc Cool's promo made me want to die as well. :(

Eve is improving quickly, she may not be in Beth or Melina's league, but she is just as good as Kelly and much prettier. :o

They could do worse than push Truth, he is talented, good on the mic and has a ton of charisma and more over than Morrison, who everyone wants to headline Summerslam.

Rey is incredible right now as well. His match with Ziggler should be great. I suppose Maria is going heel as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rjd2 wrote: »

Rey is incredible right now as well. His match with Ziggler should be great. I suppose Maria is going heel as well?

I wouldn't jump to conclusions quite yet. They could do some sort of angle where it is clear Ziggler is just using Maria. Handy way to gain heat by mistreating lovely Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

dsmythy wrote: »
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions quite yet. They could do some sort of angle where it is clear Ziggler is just using Maria. Handy way to gain heat by mistreating lovely Maria.

or just leave it the way it is.....girls love bad boys, even sweet ones like lil maria!

• Advertisement
Advertisement