Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do most discussion on this forum turn in to

Options
  • 22-07-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭

mad rants about public servants causing all Ireland's ill ( because there all lazy over paid parasite's ) or slash social welfare ( because there all spongers)....then there's the tax the rich brigade ( they never specify who the rich are exactly )...the one thing they all have in common is tax/cut/ slash someone else!! because its someone else's fault....why do people rarely see the whole picture.

to be fair you do get a fair amout of well though out reasoned replies as well,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Small Change

It's the greedy, reckless financial industry, the lazy, overpaid public sector, the unscrupulous property developers and estate agents, the inefficient transport sector, the rip-off retail and services sector and of course the unemployed that are ruining it for everyone else in the country :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

mmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

mariaalice

they are all correct statements to a certain degree

as i said everyone is blaming everyone else (and in some cases the blame is well deserved) but everyone was involved in this (just watch Popes Children for a documentary about how stuck up we as nation became)

ask yourself:

* did i vote FF and them useless Greens in?
    * did i take a huge mortgage on the belief that house prices will go up
    * did i put a blind eye on while the beuracracy "benchmarked" themselves highest salaries in europe

we all got caught up in the tiger, and the people who were warning of impending doom were told to stfu

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ceret

Because lots of people are angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Its not that bad, most people ignore mad rants. No point adding more fuel to fire by trying to debate it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

mariaalice wrote: »
    mad rants about public servants causing all Ireland's ill ( because there all lazy over paid parasite's ) or slash social welfare ( because there all spongers)....then there's the tax the rich brigade ( they never specify who the rich are exactly )...the one thing they all have in common is tax/cut/ slash someone else!! because its someone else's fault....why do people rarely see the whole picture.

to be fair you do get a fair amout of well though out reasoned replies as well,

Sadly, the logic is simple - everyone knows there has to be pain, nobody wants to be the one that takes it, or feels that they are already taking their fair share (or more). People then pick whatever target that's not them they prefer.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

Cutbacks I agree there should be cutbacks...... but we (*insert special interest group here*) are different and it is an outrage if we of all people should be asked to pay when you look at (*insert spurios unsubstanitaited figures and statictics here*) ...... let the bankers and the developers pay for it thats what I say, they caused this mess! Look at the shoebox apartment they me me buy in edenderry for €300,000. Look how long they make me commute to work every day, Brian Cowen pratically forced me to buy the place and now I'm worried about work too, there are some gangsters running this place!!! I fear for our children :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Cutbacks I agree there should be cutbacks...... but we (*insert special interest group here*) are different and it is an outrage if we of all people should be asked to pay when you look at (*insert spurios unsubstanitaited figures and statictics here*) ...... let the bankers and the developers pay for it thats what I say, they caused this mess! Look at the shoebox apartment they me me buy in edenderry for €300,000. Look how long they make me commute to work every day, Brian Cowen pratically forced me to buy the place and now I'm worried about work too, there are some gangsters running this place!!! I fear for our children :D

back after the break , call joe on 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

irish_bob wrote: »
    back after the break , call joe on 18
    very good

Advertisement