Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hidden battery power in mobile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

On the page you linked to:
    yeah, false, here's the full info on that urban legend...

3. Press *3370# to access 'reserve battery power.'
    False. On some Nokia phones, users can punch in special codes and toggle between speech codec modes to 1) enhance voice transmission quality at the cost of diminished battery performance, or 2) enhance battery performance by decreasing voice quality. Apparently, some users have misconstrued the latter as "tapping into reserve battery power." On that score the email is doubly erroneous because *3370# is the code for enhancing voice quality, so using it actually decreases battery life!

Apparently there are ways to do it here:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060812140616AAKs9zD

by decreasing call quality etc but none of the codes that claim to do it work on my N95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

RLJ wrote: »
    Does anyone know the code to access the spare hidden battery power in a mobile when the battery runs down. It is a combination of numbers and hash and star etc. EDIT, OK found it at

http://www.phonedog.com/community/forums_thread_hidden-battery-power_58349.aspx

From reading that thread, it actually does the reverse to what you want it to do. The *3370# code increases call quality, thereby reducing battery life. I remember hearing about these GSM codes back in the day when I had a Nokia 3310.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think the code is just a myth.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    On the page you linked to:

Beat me by a minute, well done. ;)

Davy wrote: »
    I think the code is just a myth.

When I tested it back in the day, I think it was the same code I mentioned above, the handset did recognize the code and gave a confirmation. Whether or not it did what it said it did, that I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

well i tried it on anold nokia 3310 with a dead batt and it did restart and showed it half charged with bars

Advertisement