Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[upc] Will tv still work

Options
  • 22-07-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just moved to the new place and looking for a broadband. I have an NTL box in so probably will get one from them. And here is the question. I connected my tv antenna cable to the box and I am getting about 20 channels. If I will order only broadband will it still work or I have to order bb together with TV.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

The cable tv signal is just broadcast over those lines, so it should always work. Though if you just moved the box from your old address and don't move the account I'd imagine they will eventually get around to cancelling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the broadband and tv come down the same line, so if you have the broadband they can't actually stop you receiving a tv signal although technically it's theft of service being as you'te not paying for it, so i wouldn't leave the cable in when the engineer comes. ;)

if it's an apartment block and you don't have broadband then sooner or later they will send a guy round to disconnect anyone who is connected and not paying for it. they used to do that in my old apartment for the second tv point we had as we didn't pay for it. a bottle of whiskey to the apt. super every year used to sort that out though, he just used to let me into the room where the distribution box was so i could hook it back up every 6 months or so when it was plugged out. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lads lets not have anyone suggesting that people should illegally use NTL's services in this manner, anything else further on this line gets banned/deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

oops, sorry. :(

* i do not condone the illegal use of unpaid for ntl/upc services and any information provided is for informational purposes only.

phew, that was close. :)

Advertisement