Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom extractor fan with delayed shut-off?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I am looking for an extractor fan that would have this feature - maybe a two-phase switch so that the first pull would run the fan for maybe five minutes and then shut down, and the second would be a regular switch-off. Anyone heard of such a thing and if yes where I can source it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you can get a fan that will require run for a set (adjustable) time after it has been shut off from most electrical wholesalers, a Vortice or Xpelair the main suppliers thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055193263

will list wholesalers who are nearest you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the_electrician

Anyone heard of such a thing and if yes where I can source it?
    What you want is a vortice timed fan. It will require a permenant supply as well as a switched supply. It has a 5 year warrenty and can be bought in Eurosales in Sandyford for about €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DougB

What you want is a vortice timed fan. It will require a permenant supply as well as a switched supply. It has a 5 year warrenty and can be bought in Eurosales in Sandyford for about €30.

Thanks, that's great

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DougB

Thought I was replying to both of you - thx Stoner as well

Advertisement