Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 repair

• 22-07-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Hey,

The keypad light on my N95-2 burned out partially(3 out of 4 LEDs) and the slider is loose.

90818072009002.jpg

I was wondering how much would it cost to have these two problems fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The slider can be done quick enough, but for the led its on the main board and i really dont think it would be worth. Does it bother you that much? It would prob cost you around €60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

is it damaged? is it over 2 years old?

i ask because it can probably be fixed under warranty and not cost anything, worth a try at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks for the replies,

Teal, it's a new phone but I bought in on adverts.ie, and it should have a warranty, though I have to contact the seller because I called the company he told me to in case I have problems but they weren't able to do anything because I don't have an authorization number.

Davy, well it kinda does bother me since the phone is new, but for 60 euros I'll probably just let it go, not worth it.

Do you guys know any Nokia shops around Clondalkin/Lucan/Tallagh area? I've never been to any Nokia shops before, can I just go into any shop and have it(slider) fixed?

Fonemenders
    Unit C7
    Station Road Business Park Clondalkin
    Dublin 22
    Tel: 01 4579787

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

In terms of warranty just bring it in to fonemenders. Because its under two years its a manufacturers warranty so it shouldn't matter where it is bought.

I bought one off ebay too and just brought it in no hassle.

• Advertisement

gillo_100 wrote: »
    In terms of warranty just bring it in to fonemenders. Because its under two years its a manufacturers warranty so it shouldn't matter where it is bought.

I bought one off ebay too and just brought it in no hassle.

Really!? cool, I'll try that.

Davy, thanks, I'll check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Davy wrote: »
    Fonemenders
    Unit C7
    Station Road Business Park Clondalkin
    Dublin 22
    Tel: 01 4579787
    I dropped my N95 into these guys in Sandyford with a keypad problem on Monday. Had a fixed phone back on Tuesday...for free. Excellent service.

Hey guys, a little update,

I dropped off my phone at Fonemenders that Davy suggested, turned out it had warranty, phew.....

What I wonder though now is, the LEDs are part of the mainboard, so if they replace that, will the IMEI number change too? and the phone I have is SIM free, so I hope it will be replaced by a sim free board aswell?

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Hey guys, a little update,

I dropped off my phone at Fonemenders that Davy suggested, turned out it had warranty, phew.....

What I wonder though now is, the LEDs are part of the mainboard, so if they replace that, will the IMEI number change too? and the phone I have is SIM free, so I hope it will be replaced by a sim free board aswell?

No, your imei will still be the same. They should be able to replace the led on the board.

Davy wrote: »
    No, your imei will still be the same. They should be able to replace the led on the board.

Hey guys, just got back from Fonemenders,

Well, they weren't able to fix it, they said it's a level 3 fault and they'd have to sent it out to Nokia and they would most definitely charge for that.

The guy there told/showed me that 3 out of 4 leds weren't only burned out but were completely missing and there was some scratch or something that wasn't covered by a warranty he said.

You know some people don't give a CRAP about their electronics and things but they always get everything perfect. Me? I take care of my stuff but I always have to get something messed up, new laptop? dead pixels guaranteed, new phone? something wrong guaranteed.

Oh well, disappointed but I guess it was my luck(yet again), screw it.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, especially you Davy!

• Advertisement

That hard luck mate, cant believe they were gone off it. I dont think dropping the handset would even remove them, i wonder did the previous remove them for some crazy reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

edit - i was wrong!

Advertisement