Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phantom Radio

• 22-07-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

I have the unfortunate experience/luck of working in an office where this joke of a radio station is the prime choice. The presenters are a bunch of vaccuous cretins who play the same 20 songs over and over again, pretending to be receiving texts requesting these songs while saying 'Good choice, John, havent played that in a while'.

Sorry, you may fool the idiots who are fans of your station, but you don't fool me.

Ahhhh...

That's better.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The presenters are a bunch of vaccuous cretins who play the same 20 songs over and over again, pretending to be receiving texts

So they're just like every other Dublin radio station then? Thanks for clearing that up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Wertz wrote: »
    So they're just like every other Dublin radio station then? Thanks for clearing that up...

I agree. But this crowd attempt to pass themselves off as an 'indie' station that rises above all that, and their fans are even worse.

Utter tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

well i know they always play my requests, and even though alot of the music is ****, you have the chance of getting good songs all day, whereas the only other station is maybe 2fm with dave fanning.

GRanted the presenters are crap though, music CAN be good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I agree. But this crowd attempt to pass themselves off as an 'indie' station that rises above all that, and their fans are even worse.

Utter tripe!

Like it or not there was a niche in the market for this type of music output and for the type of listener it attracts...pop, dance, r'n'b, golden oldies are well catered for but indie/alternative/rock isn't. I'd have a passing interest in those genres so would listen to phantom at times (if I'm in Dublin) and agree that the station does come across a teeny bit smugly, when they're jsut another facet of commercial Irish radio.
    That said, credit where it's due...if someone hadn't bothered to try and make this station work then there'd be another 98/104 clone clogging up it's slot...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

I have the unfortunate experience/luck of working in an office where this joke of a radio station is the prime choice. The presenters are a bunch of vaccuous cretins who play the same 20 songs over and over again, pretending to be receiving texts requesting these songs while saying 'Good choice, John, havent played that in a while'.

I agree! (about the presenters)
    I find them incredibly annoying.

BUT it's a lot better than 98fm. They play literally ten songs on a loop all day, mention the cash call five times an hour and have the most annoying ads in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Phantom has gone downhill hugely since its pirate days but, in fairness, i'd take it over other stations most of the time. I mean, what are the options during the day time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I never listen to it but back in the day it was a real struggle for them to win that license and to convince the name of that board I can't remember that a rock radio station was a credible opportunity. (Why on the latter part I can't imagine). Anywho I'm not into the style of music they predominantly play, indie, with the exception of the metal show, preferred xfm 107.9 when it was around years ago as I felt I was getting a better musical education.

Advertisement