Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

engine rumble

• 22-07-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a 08 peugeot 207 there a few months back an iv noticed a rumbling in the engine when stopped in traffic - it goes away when iv started moving, and it doesn't happen everytme I stop.

Just wondering is this a peugeot thing or just my car...

any thoughts welcome...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Could be anything really, even just something resonating.

It should be under warranty so if it's something which you think needs attantion get it into the dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

What engine have you got...??
    if you have this rumbling noise when youre sitting in traffic with the clutch pressed and it goes when you let up the clutch and moving then it maybe clutch related...:confused:
    its only a guess tho...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

its a 1.4 petrol and basically brand new... ill see if its clutch related driving home - thanks for that!!

think ill end up taking it back to the dealer - although im sure theyll find nothing wrong with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

If the rumble is when you press in the clutch it could be a release bearing. If it's when your foot is off the clutch it might be gearbox related.

Think I have that the right way around. Either way you should be covered by warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

It might not be mechanical at all, I once had a rumble coming from my engine bay could not figure it out at all.

Eventually one day while looking under the bonnet with the engine running I realised there was no rumble, turns out it was the bonnet vibrating when the engine was idling up to about 2000rpm.

I adjusted the little rubber stoppers that meet the bonnet where it closes and the rumble went away.

• Advertisement

This is one of the best peugeot website's out there and theres plenty
    of info there... http://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=19&pc_tzo=3600&pc_d=20090722&pc_t=60102
    Don't read to much or else you'll get paranoid about your 207....:eek:
    best of luck...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 R0ssi

jclare56 wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a 08 peugeot 207 there a few months back an iv noticed a rumbling in the engine when stopped in traffic - it goes away when iv started moving, and it doesn't happen everytme I stop.

Just wondering is this a peugeot thing or just my car...

any thoughts welcome...

OMG I had the exact same prob with the same car model.....
    I went to the dealer where I purchased the car and he told me that all I needed to do was put a drop of petrol into the oil, this was to thin the oil as it had got viscous... I was very sceptical so asked the dealer to do it for me so if anything went wrong i was covered.......
    To this day I have not heard any rumbling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

this can hardly be right!

R0ssi wrote: »
    I went to the dealer where I purchased the car and he told me that all I needed to do was put a drop of petrol into the oil, this was to thin the oil as it had got viscous... I was very sceptical so asked the dealer to do it for me so if anything went wrong i was covered.......

Thats sounds crazy...:eek: Thats petrol in the engine oil or gearbox oil...??

If the oil is getting to thick why don't the use a lighter grade of oil.....:rolleyes:
    Thats what i would do...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Wow I definitely wouldn't be doing that unless I had it in writing from peugeot and they put in the petrol. Most likely bye bye warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 R0ssi

I'm telling you don't knock it till you try it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm saying don't try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 del-bhoy

I second that

Nope me neither.....I would drop the oil from the sump and put in good quailty recommened oil for that engine and see/hear how it runs.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

I'm telling you don't knock it till you try it.......

what dealer told you this? sounds lik ethey were taking the p1ss out of you. what did they say the science behind it was are you sure it was petrol?

Advertisement