Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL on TV this season?

• 22-07-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Sky Sports have secured the rights to broadcast the upcoming 2009 season or does it look likely that it will be ESPN Ireland will be broadcasting the season on a subscription basis?

MuNkY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sky never really lost the rights. Their contract was up for renewal but they are advertising it so I would imagine they have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

We don't offically know if Sky/ESPN have secured the rights as no formal annoucement has been made but signs are pointing to a deal perhaps being completed e.g. Sky Sports logo on the fantasy football page in NFLUK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

How about pre-season games? Anyone know if they're been shown anywhere? They start in two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

fisgon wrote: »
    How about pre-season games? Anyone know if they're been shown anywhere? They start in two weeks.

I think NFL Network has them afaik.

fisgon wrote: »

Well last year Sky showed some Preseason Games not sure of the quantity but I defintely remember watching a few so I'd be surprised if they don't have any this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I can't see ESPN having any! It'll just be Sky! It's one rights package, and considering the money and effort Sky have put into it in recent years I can't see them getting screwed by the NFL!

I agree I think Sky will also get pretty much all the rights but it wouldn't surprise me either if ESPN got some form of coverage e.g Monday Night Football It would be a good selling point for ESPN if that was the only way you could watch them

Advertisement