Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INQ1 phone unlock?

• 22-07-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi

I was with 3 who make the INQ1 phone, and I don't wanna be with them anymore, 'cos they dont have webtexts, and they're not the cheapest. I got my o2 sim, but it won't work in the INQ1 as expected. 3 won't unlock it for me, 'cos it was gotten through my mam's contract or something. Basically they gave her the phone for free, and they won't unlock it for us until we spend like €120 on credit.

Was wondering if anyone knows any way of manually unlocking this phone? Apologies if there's a thread for this already.

Thanks a million

enola/alone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Get it unlocked from a unlocking shop if they happen to make it awkward on you when you try to get the code for 25euro.

BR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I never saw MC back up that statement with some proof, 3 will give the unlock code for free once you upgrade or your contract is up on bill pay.

You can unlock the inq using this site http://www.dc-unlocker.com/supported_models_1/skypephone_amoi

a lot of that phones software features won't work on o2, it's built specifically for 3, i'd nearly leave it alone and go with the 333 free webtexts, there's not that huge a difference in the cost between the 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 enola/alone

Thanks a million. You were all so helpful. I decided to ring 3 afterall, and with some of this information I managed to wangle an unlock out of them.

Thanks again

enola/alone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Forza_Dundalk

I cannot unlock this phone at all
    I need some help..... I tried using the dc unlocker, but still no luck
    can anyone help?

I wouldn't advise unlocking it at all, skype, msn etc will not work, also you will not be able to update it, if you really need an inq phone keep it on 3, otherwise just sell it off and get a new meteor, vodafone etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I wouldn't advise unlocking it at all, skype, msn etc will not work, also you will not be able to update it, if you really need an inq phone keep it on 3, otherwise just sell it off and get a new meteor, vodafone etc..

i thought you'd have to unbrand it as well for that stuff to stop working, is the inq peculiar in this regard?

The thing is I would like to use free texts on either 02 or vodafone as 3 don't have to many free text offers :(
    Is there anyway you can unlock it for free? as i'm not in a position too buy a new phone atm :confused:

3 have the 700 texts and 200 minute any network minutes at the weekend offer.... have a look under add ons in my 3 on the phone....

• Advertisement

TBH i don't really like 3 IMO its a terrible network....
    Is there any way I can unlock it for free?
    please please

Dankoozy wrote: »
    i thought you'd have to unbrand it as well for that stuff to stop working, is the inq peculiar in this regard?
    TBH i don't really like 3 IMO its a terrible network....
    Is there any way I can unlock it for free?
    please please

the inq is built specifically for 3 and is not available on any other network worldwide, vodafone, o2, meteor do not support skype or msn those services will not work with any other network besides 3 on the inq. debranding the inq with be a tricky and fruitless exercise. It's not worth doing it. If you don't want to be on 3 don't get an inq.

@forza, no you can't unlock it for free. Sell the phone if you don't want to be on 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 904473

I unlocked my INQ1 which was on Three. Talk Shop in O Connell St did it for me. It cost €20 and took only two minutes to do.

It works fine on the O2 network for voice calls. However, sometimes it will not allow texts to be typed.

The INQ is a budget phone, and very good value for the price. However, it is only of real value on the Three network as it was designed specifically to work with their system.

Advertisement