Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speaker not working

• 22-07-2009 2:55pm

Hi all,

I have a 2000 Daewoo lanos and the speaker on the driver side door isnt working. There was a tape player in it when i bought it and replaced it with cd player. It wasnt bothering me but it is now, any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Daryl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Hi all,

I have a 2000 Daewoo lanos and the speaker on the driver side door isnt working. There was a tape player in it when i bought it and replaced it with cd player. It wasnt bothering me but it is now, any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Daryl.

Did it stop working when you replaced the head unit?

First thing to check is the balance/fade settings on the stereo that everything is centred.

The ISO wiring that the new headunit (probably) uses would have one wire for each speaker, front left, front right etc. check the connections on these wires and the adapter if you had to use one. Check that the wiring configuration is correct.

It wasnt working when it had the original tape player in it and is the same with cd player. All the balance and fade settings are centred. Do you think maybe the speaker wire has broken somewhere? All other speakers are perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Assuming the problem is not with the head unit the Best bet is to access the speaker itself and check the wiring on the reverse, if the wiring looks OK (jiggle them around) then maybe the speaker has just blown, swap over the working speaker to test.

Assuming the problem is not with the head unit the Best bet is to access the speaker itself and check the wiring on the reverse, if the wiring looks OK (jiggle them around) then maybe the speaker has just blown, swap over the working speaker to test.
    How would i go about testing that, the speaker is in the bottom part of the door built in?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

It wasnt working when it had the original tape player in it and is the same with cd player. All the balance and fade settings are centred. Do you think maybe the speaker wire has broken somewhere? All other speakers are perfect.

Nope - if it wasn't working before you changed the head unit then it's unlikely the problem is located that far upstream. It's more likely to be the speaker itself. You should be able to find advice on how to remove the speaker from the door with a bit of google searching. There's some cheap speakers in Lidl or Aldi at the moment (can never remember which is which) might be worth picking some up and seeing whether it solves the problem. Can't give you any advice on what it will be like to replace and mount a new speaker in the door.

As Stevie Dakota says - getting at the speaker - check it's actually connected correctly - then replace with one you know is working, that's the only way you'll know whether the speaker itself works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Some door cards are tricky to remove, others very easy, not sure about your Lanos though, found this...

http://www.usedcarmart.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-6127.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yes - check the wiring first and if it's OK test the speaker rather than remove the opposite one. To test it, remove the wiring from the speaker. Get a 1.5V battery and connect it to the speaker terminals momentarily. As you make the connection the speaker cone will deflect either in or out. If nothing happens then chances are the speaker is kaput.

Advertisement