Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Ennis

• 22-07-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good ... i.e. nice, gentle and won't pull the head off me when all i need is a check-up...dentist in the Ennis area.
    There are quite a few in Golden Pages but i'm looking for recommendations.
    Also, if you know if they are willing to take on new clients that would help.
    Really don't want to go back up to Dublin just for a dentist appointment.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I used the Dental Clinic in the Roslevan shopping centre (Dr Oonagh O'Regan). Found them very nice, got a cleaning a while ago and the child has been there for fillings and stuff a few times. 065 6828486

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was at Dr Oonagh O'Regan a few years ago and she cost me an arm and a leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

I use that dentist and find them great too, 065-6828486. I'm not sure if they're takin on new people. Da last time I was there,they'd a sign up sayin they couldn't take on any more people that used medical cards. I know using ur prsi, you can get a free check up & clean twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭niamh.brady

I would recommend Barry McNicholl - he's upstairs, across the street from Xtravision. All the staff there are so nice and will fit you in even when busy if you need it. Pricing was a lot lower than I've paid anywhere else. Been in a few times and although I am petrified of dentists, I find him very calming. Number is 065 6821612.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Thanks guys I'll give them both a shout hopefully one of them will be able to fit me in:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I can't recommend John Duggan enough, whereas I don't like Dentists, my other half hates/fears them irrationally, I went to him in February, I found him great, explains everything, doesn't hurt and most importantly of all did a great job, herself went to him and she can't understand why she has an issue with dentists for all those years, she found him great

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oops, too lazy to edit (I had a hard day in work)

Duggan J G BDS NUI
    The Dental Health Centre, Woodquay Parnell Street, Ennis, Co. Clare
    065-6828227

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Clareman wrote: »
    I can't recommend John Duggan enough, whereas I don't like Dentists, my other half hates/fears them irrationally, I went to him in February, I found him great, explains everything, doesn't hurt and most importantly of all did a great job, herself went to him and she can't understand why she has an issue with dentists for all those years, she found him great

yeah recommend him as well. Hes sound out as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

I went to a dentist in Poland recently, cost me 30 euro and I got two fillings and a whitening. The best dentist I have ever been at by far and very good price. I know that aint in Ennis, but for the price you pay hear you aint getting good service. I went to the one on Steeles Terrace and the filling fell out after I left, eventually coming out again after a few weeks. Needless to say, I wont be going there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Clareman wrote: »

Just after getting an apppointment with him friday morning. Have a wedding the 29th & i need a broken front tooth fixed. Reckon it would take long to fix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

seany2929 wrote: »
    Just after getting an apppointment with him friday morning. Have a wedding the 29th & i need a broken front tooth fixed. Reckon it would take long to fix?

Dental forum that way
    >
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Duggan is beyond brilliant. I have had the worst dentist luck over the years but he more than makes up for it! Brilliant dentist, exactly what every dentist should be like - he is the reason I have lovely teeth and will keep them! He referred me to Liam Reddington across the way for a root canal(caused by an evil dentist in London) and I have to say he was great too - no pain at all, not even getting the injections! I am normally so nervous going to a dentist that my stomach flips but these guys are both total pros.couldn't praise them highly enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Is this the old Duggan from years ago, did he work in the 80s. As a child I always found him awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bomlane

I recommend highly the Dental Clinic in Roslevan and in particular Dr. Oonagh O'regan.

She is centle, caring and understanding and and has taken away any aprehension I had about dentists..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Dermot O'Mahony in Steele's terrace is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 trishc

dermot o mahony is in steels terrace and is one of the kindest gentlest men i have ever met. i have been going to him for the past 26 years and he has never hurt me or made me feel nervous. he's one of these dentists that will make you feel at ease from the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Michiko

Need a new dentist, decided to go private , I've taken out a loan to get all my teeth properly fixed and looked after.
    I was using the medical card, the dentist wasn't willing to fix minor issues, which then ended up leading to bigger problems for me :( at the time I was too ignorant to know any better.
    I also have a huge dental phobia, so I need to take happy pills just to stop shaking while sitting in the chair.
    So any recommendations for a dentist with the patience to deal with nervous patients , also good with crowns,bridges,teeth replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was at Dr Oonagh O'Regan a few years ago and she cost me an arm and a leg.
    In my experience attending any dentist is an expensive experience but it is worse nowadays as we are getting very little for our PRSI contributions

Advertisement