Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel sales in Westmeath

• 22-07-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a steel merchant in Westmeath preferably Mullingar
    I know there is a farm co-op in Kinnegad that sells steel is he reasonably priced any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hello.

What type of steel are you looking for? Steel for a foundation for a house or another type of steel like flat steel of Girders?

Colm Steel in athlone are pretty good for all of the latter except foundation steel..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for some 2" square hollow section steel to make a garden shed. Does this retailer sell box cladding thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

They def sells the 2" box steel.

As for the cladding for the shed, i dont know to be honest although i do know you can get that in skyclad in Milltownpass.

Does skyclad sell square hollow section steel as I contacted Colm Steel and they will not deliver to Mullingar. I need to deliver these items as I do'nt have a trailer or transport big enough to collect them. thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭stylers

oxleys in kinnegad, also there is a place in kilbeggan, "kilbeggan roofing and steel"..

• Advertisement

I will check this company out Thanks again to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

there is a guy about 6-7 miles out the Horseleap road on right hand side. I cant think of his name but some one else may. he is good to deal with. I got steel there a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Griffinman

Skyclad in Miltownpass will make a shed to your design and supply the framework, cladding, fixings and everything you need to erect yourself. Their number is 044 9222368. Give them a call.

Cheers folks once again much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

kilbeggan roofing and steel very cheep will cut steel asweel plus supply trailer to bring steel aswell very good to deel with ph no 0579332263
    in the bussinspark beside esker busses behind lockes distalliry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

bk1991 wrote: »
    kilbeggan roofing and steel very cheep will cut steel asweel plus supply trailer to bring steel aswell very good to deel with ph no 0579332263
    in the bussinspark beside esker busses behind lockes distalliry

Feck me pal, is English your second language (Soddin' hope so....):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Razmond

You wont do better than Skyclad for the cladding, as was mentioned the steel supplier in Kilbeggan is the best place. There is a bloke in Loughnavalley called Elliffe Sheds or something like that, he makes a range of steel sheds, dont know anymore than that.

Advertisement