Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Dublin

Options
  • 22-07-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭

So Im out of DUblin for the week and bored off me hole... So I thought Id create a thread for things to do in Dublin....

Arbour Hill Cemetery
    Just north of Collins Barracks, this small cemetery is the final resting place of all 14 of the executed leaders of the 1916 Easter Rising. The burial ground is plain, with the 14 names inscribed in stone. Beside the graves is a cenotaph bearing the Easter Proclamation, a focal point for official and national commemorations. *Free*

Chimney /Jemison distillery
    As part of the ongoing development of the Smithfield area, an old distillery chimney (nicknamed 'the flue with the view'), built by Jameson's in 1895, has been converted into Dublin's first and only 360-degree observation tower. A glass lift shuttles you to the top, where you get unique views of historic north Dublin. The commentary from the knowledgeable and humorous guide is excellent, which is a good job because Dublin's no oil painting. + a tour of the old distillery *€15*

Croke Park & GAA Museum
    Epic stadium and a GAA museum.. everything a Country boy or girl needs...
    * dont know the price but its not that much*

Dublin Zoo
    12-hectare Dublin Zoo just north of the Hollow is one of the oldest in the world, and as thrilling or depressing as any other old zoo trying to drag itself into the 21st century. *€15*

Dvblinia
    Inside what was once the Synod Hall, added to Christ Church Cathedral during its late-19th-century restoration, this is a lively and kitschy attempt to bring medieval Dublin to life using models, music, streetscapes and interactive displays. The ground floor has wax models depicting 10 episodes in Dublin's history, explained in a choice of five languages through headsets. * €6.25*

Four Courts
    Go in and listen to all the cases of the day. Its a good way of passing a few hours seeing it all happen. and its free.

Government Buildings
    go on throw a tomato at the fools.. or protest.. its the thing to do these days..

Guinness Storehouse & St James' Gate Brewery
    As it says on the tin.. *€15*

Kilmainham Gaol

One of Dublin's most sobering sights, Kilmainham Gaol oozes centuries of pain, oppression and suffering from its decrepit limestone hulk. The scene of countless emotional episodes along Ireland's rocky road to independence, the jail was home to many of the country's political heroes, martyrs and villains. *€6*

ill see if i can edit stuff in later if i can... so any more suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

A walk in the Iveagh Gardens, a hidden gem in the middle of the city centre

Advertisement