Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you want to live forever?

• 22-07-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Given the option, would you like to live forever?

Im just back from a funeral, and thought if you could live forever you would out live all your friends family and children..

Personally, i would not.

Would you like to live forever? 50 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    68% 34 votes
    Spagetti monster lol
    32% 16 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

snyper wrote: »

Im just back from a funeral, and thought if you could live forever you would out live all your friends family and children..

Personally, i would not.
    i dunno, I don't want to die but I reckon when I'm in my 90's and everyone around me is croaking i'll prob feel different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

nah, i'm getting more cynical & grumpy with each passing day, dread to think what i'd be like at 100!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Probably would. I'd make new friends and adopt a new family.
    It'd kinda suck when the sun explodes and you're floating in firey boring space though. Still, i'd have plenty of time to catch up on my fapping....

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Ardent wrote: »
    nah, i'm getting more cynical & grumpy with each passing day, dread to think what i'd be like at 100!
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Depends on if I grow old or not. I'm too impatient to wait for the answer so I vote Spaghetti Monster, rawr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Meh. I just want to live until an age where i have had a decent lifespan, but before I lose my marbles/dignity.

(I am coming around to the idea of euthanasia).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'd like to live forever if I could stay 20 forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I dunno, it sort of depends. If I'd just start declining and wouldn't be able to do anything for myself that'd suck, but if I was frozen at a certain age (like maybe 25) forever then it could be pretty cool. When you're that age you can just keep making new friends anyway. I doubt I'd get bored living forever, there are always new inventions and entertainment to amuse us, I would like the option of dying though, and I don't think I'd like to be around for when the sun eventually burns out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Nah i dont think i'd want to see everyone i love die. Fingers crossed i dont live to 100....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Piste wrote: »
    I don't think I'd like to be around for when the sun eventually burns out.
    Hopefully humans will have colonised the galaxy by then...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'd do it for the poon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hopefully humans will have colonised the galaxy by then...

Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I have seen this written on a billboard in Croke park. :)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
    John 3:16

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Snyper gets a phone call about a job just after coming back from a funeral...That deperate for a job he got to take someone out :eek:

I'd like to be old when I get my P45 but if living meant getting older and older then no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Live for ever of course. There's always new stuff to learn and skills to improve on. Aging will be defeated at some point in the next few hundred years. If they made a huge international effort on it and poured in loads of money we could possibly achieve it this century.

I can't ever imagine myself wishing to die if i stayed young forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

GOD NO :eek:

Be awful to live forever.......obviously be great to see good things, but no way could live forever without eventually experiencing every awful thing that could possibly happen.
    Life is hard enough at times as we are....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Not here on earth.

It would be mere pointlessness. What is life without those who you love and respect around you? Also, if the aging process continued, it'd most likely be very painful :)
    I have seen this written on a billboard in Croke park.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
    John 3:16

Amen! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't know if I'd like to be indestructable, floating around the galaxy doesn't sound all that appealing. The vampire life sounds like a good compromise as long as I could go out in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd like to be indestructable, floating around the galaxy doesn't sound all that appealing. The vampire life sounds like a good compromise as long as I could go out in the day.

Reverse Vampires FTW! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It can get a bit complicated though, can you be stricken with disease or disability but just not die ? Could you feel massive amounts of pain and again not die ? That's kill the buzz a bit alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Who says I wont?
    <<_<<
    >>_>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

I hope i'm old before i die, who needs to live forever anyway? I always remember the movie, Interview with the Vampire, One scene always sticks out for me, Cruise is in his plantation mansion towards the end of the movie, everything has changed and he wanted to remain the same as in the 1800's.. kinda felt for the poor sucker..

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Yeah I'd love to live forever.
    That way I'd stand a good chance of seeing the recession bottom out.
    Only a good chance mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Live forever? Hell no, I'd top myself now only I'm too lazy to get up and go over to the knife drawer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Id love to remain 25 years of age for 100 years. Now that would b awesome!!:D Then i could fulfil a goal of doing and experiencing as much as i can before i die

Advertisement