Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining ENTS

Options
  • 22-07-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

How does one go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Never mind above! Just go to the ents stand during orientation week or during freshers week. Otherwise just call in to the Ents Office in the Student Centre

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Just score someone in ents, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Ents? For fúck sake! If you don't mind me asking, why? They're complete knobs so they are.*

*Awaits barrage of comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

HRROOM! Did someone call me? I may have knots, but no knobs that I know of.

treebeard.jpg

Now, where did I put that Entwife ..?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sleep with one of the current Ents crew. :P

NORLY

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Meh, looks good on the CV and free into gigs...Jevan are you not finished now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Quite a lot of irrational hatred for people who simply organise gigs/parties for the student body no?

Ents a few years ago used to be a fairly closed-off clique, just the current ents officer, his friends and their friends really. That could change year to year depending on the in office ents officer tho, they might actually want outsiders this year. Your best bet would be to head over to their stand during freshers week Id say.

Meh, looks good on the CV and free into gigs...Jevan are you not finished now?

Yep just finished this year unfortuntely!:(

BTW I haven't a clue who you are? PM if you don't want all of boards to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Blut wrote: »
    Quite a lot of irrational hatred for people who simply organise gigs/parties for the student body no?

Irrational? Hatred? I don't see either of those in this thread. I do see mildly amused disapproval, justified by past events, such as the SU reps damaging cottages in Wexford last October but denying responsibility. Then there's the disruption of lectures while various Arts students try to score themselves a paid year out from study. Remind me again - just what are we paying for?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

whats ents?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Jev/N wrote: »
    Yep just finished this year unfortuntely!:(

BTW I haven't a clue who you are? PM if you don't want all of boards to know!

pretty-little-virus off CE. Not on it anymore though. I won't be offended if you don't remember me...

Depp wrote: »
    whats ents?

I think this site should answer your question on what ENTS is. Really, ENTS consist of the most elite, loyal students in UCD, sworn to obey and serve their leader and provide modest social gatherings to the masses of students. They live by the motto: Meine Ehre heißt Treue - My Honour is called Loyalty.

El Siglo wrote: »
    I think this site should answer your question on what ENTS is. Really, ENTS consist of the most elite, loyal students in UCD, sworn to obey and serve their leader and provide modest social gatherings to the masses of students. They live by the motto: Meine Ehre heißt Treue - My Honour is called Loyalty.

Lol if you ignore the link thats a pretty accurate description :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

what do they do?

pretty-little-virus off CE. Not on it anymore though. I won't be offended if you don't remember me...

Of course I do, I remember you cancelled your account to study, fair play!

Mike Pat is dead on, just pop into the office and have a chat with him. Getting involved in Ents is a good laugh, does look good on your CV and plus if you put in a bit of effort, you'll get free tickets for most things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

bnt wrote: »
    Irrational? Hatred? I don't see either of those in this thread. I do see mildly amused disapproval, justified by past events, such as the SU reps damaging cottages in Wexford last October but denying responsibility. Then there's the disruption of lectures while various Arts students try to score themselves a paid year out from study. Remind me again - just what are we paying for?

Yes, comparing UCD Ents to the Waffen SS is entirely rational and not suggestive of hatred at all :rolleyes:

The SU reps getting up to shenanigans in Wexford isnt related to ents, thats a Students Union issue.

How many "disruptions" do students suffer from from ents officer candidates? Ten 2 minute speeches over the course of a year? Not exactly horrific. Plus theyre usually in the bigger lecture theatres like L which are mostly 1st year students so its not like theyre missing out on a whole lot of learning in fairness.

I dunno, I dont think Ents is perfect (as I mentioned before in most years its very cliquey) but I think its a bit silly to hate on a sabbat officer that actually organizes useful things for the students. My years in UCD have definitely involved a number of great nights out at Ents events. If anything I'd say its the sabbat position most worth its wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭imarugbyball

bnt wrote: »

Yeah that was a hilliarious weekend, i got sick into a bath and broke a cubord thing. ****faced.

Most of the ents people who aren't in high positions are kinda sheepy losers who aren't that cool but try to be anyway. Lot of hotties floatin around and some of the top guys are makin serious cash and are good to lick up to if you want free ****.

They aren't the greatest society in the college but they are definatly sounder than 90% of the rest of them and espically all you whiny geeks.

***Also some of the lower echolons of the ents crew try and put across an image that ents is some exclusive society for ledgends or something. It isn't. If you wanna be in it you just ask one of the guys or sign up on freshers week or send a ****ing email. I never even signed up an they ask me to do **** al the time. You basically work for them for free so you can get a cool tshirt. The real scoop is that you don't actually have to do anything to get in free to this **** if you are smart. It (and being a class rep) is a very easy way to get into nightclub promotion/event management tho.

betafrog wrote: »
    Cheers for that post, you just reconfirmed every reason I had for hating the Ents crew. Phew, and here was me thinking I would have to wait till freshers week before I really got the hate going again.

Glad to see being a rugby ball is doing wonders for your personality...

Haha cool man. I'm not in it if i came across like i was. An yeah it does do wonders, got tired of being kicked around............thers definatly a good joke there somewhere.

Anyway enjoy your thinly veiled envy.

Anyway enjoy your thinly veiled envy.

Haha you learn a new word in college? Loike whateva

• Advertisement

Em, they are all pretty small words bro..... veiled? yeah i picked up that little gem from my sports management professor yesterday. Since i failed a few modules because all I do is drink and conform to outdated stereotypes my dad pays him to sit in the house and teach me individually.

You guys are like Malcolm in the Middle in that prom episode.

Em, they are all pretty small words bro..... veiled? yeah i picked up that little gem from my sports management professor yesterday. Since i failed a few modules because all I do is drink and conform to outdated stereotypes my dad pays him to sit in the house and teach me individually.

You guys are like Malcolm in the Middle in that prom episode.

Jesus Christ...

Sports management? Really?

Dude that sarcasm wasn't even THINLY 'veiled'. Anyway i'm tired of my own negativity. Hope you find happiness and peace whatever way you go about it, just hoping you'd judge a little less....nobody likes a hater. Still i suppose I was doing the very same thing.

Have some curtis mayfield:

http://www.imeem.com/bebi-i-core/music/ChZ0jcKL/curtis-mayfield-move-on-up/

Advertisement