Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange heater

• 22-07-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

I’ve imported a camper from Japan and it came with two heaters in the back a propex gas heater which works and some kind of blower heater which I can’t get working. Both are in beach seats.

The label on it says it’s an Atwood Air Model 98711.

I think it’s a diesel heater, there are pipers that look like fuel lines going to it, from under the engine. When the ignition is switched on I can get the fans running but no heat. There is a heater control switch and fan switch on the bench box side and two switches wired into the centre console, with stickers in Japanese.

I’ve searched on line and contacted atwoodmobile I can’t find a reference to it on their side either. Any ideas?

http://www.box.net/shared/y140mybemd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

It looks like a heat exchanger which takes the heat from the engine. Try it when the engine has been running for a few minutes and see if the lines heat up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

stapeler wrote: »
    It looks like a heat exchanger which takes the heat from the engine. Try it when the engine has been running for a few minutes and see if the lines heat up.

You could be right, had the engine running for a while and it my have been slightly warm but only just. I'll have a go after a longer driver.

Van is going in for service tomorrow so I'll get mechanic to look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

How difficult/expensive is it importing from Japan?

stapeler wrote: »

You were spot on it’s a heat exchanger all right and it pumps out lots of heat – happy days thanks

loobylou wrote: »
    How difficult/expensive is it importing from Japan?

There’s a lot to it and I’ve got a dead line in work. Next week I can post something up. In the mean time I went trough an agent in the UK he charged UK£350 but it was worth it, there’s a good bit if information on his site have a good look at his blog as well. There is one major warning you are buying based on the auction report, and two or 3 photos – none of the inside! You have to know what to look for and hope you get lucky

http://www.supercamper.co.uk/

http://www.supercamper.co.uk/jap-camper-import-blog/

Also have a look at

http://www.cwicars.com/auctioninfo.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 susiewelsh

We purchased an import Toyota Liteace coachbuilt camper which was already in the country.
    We to have an Atwoodair Model 98711.
    There is also a shower but we don't know where the hot water comes from!!
    There are two pumps hidden behind the shower.Only cold water goes to the sink in kitchen area.
    Also drivers side outside there is the water filler and next to this a metal screw cap haven't a clue what this is.Also another water filler passengers side.Why!
    Any one know anything about these strange things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

susiewelsh wrote: »
    We purchased an import Toyota Liteace coachbuilt camper which was already in the country.
    We to have an Atwoodair Model 98711.
    There is also a shower but we don't know where the hot water comes from!!
    There are two pumps hidden behind the shower.Only cold water goes to the sink in kitchen area.
    Also drivers side outside there is the water filler and next to this a metal screw cap haven't a clue what this is.Also another water filler passengers side.Why!
    Any one know anything about these strange things.

if there are two caps on the outside - I would say that one is your main water tank and the other is water for your toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 susiewelsh

No toilet just a porta potty.

Post up some pictures
    Mine has a water heater under the sink powered by gas look for a large square vent on the outside of the van. Find the fresh water tank and follow the filler hose. There is a window washer filler under the passenger side door could that be it

Advertisement