Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion: Well AW .338

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looking good so far Puding, did you do a chrono with the 134a yet.

Seeing as it solid enough and no/little leak in the mag I may well pick one up but not with the scope and bipod. I never saw the OD and Tan versions anywhere online.

A small angled file job on the mag feed my allow the bolt head to slip over it but at the risk of the mag not feeding properly and holding the bb in place for the bolt to engage.

I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Nice review, what was the total damage to your wallet with customs etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

not that bad, customs was 54euro, parcel did include a few other piece so can not complain

did you do a chrono with the 134a yet

will be doing this unfortunately i do not have any battery's for my chrono at the moment
    A small angled file job on the mag feed my allow the bolt head to slip over it but at the risk of the mag not feeding properly and holding the bb in place for the bolt to engage.

was what i was thinking as well

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TBH, I dont like the finish. Thats expected with well though. IMO a can of OD spray would go a long way:) Thats just me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The finish may not be great but the fact that it does not creek, wobble or leak while being around a quarter of the cost of the Star/Ares L96 make up for it. A nice flowing camo job with a bit of texture will set it off.

the finish is not that bad over all, metal work is almost the same as the star/ares i've come across in the past, the plastic is a little shiny, the photos do not show it at its best either, unfortunately late in the after noon not much light, had to reply on artificial light or flash

but im planning on giving the stock a going over with OD

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, must have a look at one in the flesh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Nice one Pudin,

Id be very interested in how you get on with it performance wise, I almost bought the Star AW338 a few weeks ago but decided to get the Ino 60 instead, this seems like a much better option for little money.

Puding;
    Very nice I am looking forward to your review. I wondering about potential durability and build materials as the Star/Ares says the stock is "nylon fiber" and I have read the G96 is ABS. Is there any chance you can get hold of a Star/Ares AW338 owner (Bullets perhaps?) and do a side by side comparrison or at least get some comments from a AW338 owner?
    Thanks and cheers.

DSC_52560001.jpg

the body is mad made of abs but of a higher quality that wells previous offering i hope the above pictures shows this, its not as nice as the are/star version but i see no reason why it will not stand up to punishment and if anyone is painting there's you would not be able to tell the differance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Have you fielded it yet? Whats accuracy, chrono etc. like?

Advertisement