Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imap.gmail.com not working on Meteor ISP

• 22-07-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Using the built in messaging application on my e71.
    Incoming mail server not found. Check mailbox settings

Gmail app seems to be working fine.

Tried on both Edge and 3g.

Anyone else having trouble? Haven't been receiving any mails since about 12.30pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

i'm getting dns errors every now and them when browsing. Particularly after submitting forms (thread resplies, tweets etc)
    The forms submit and a refresh reloads the page fine..
    Bit odd all the same. Could be related..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Yeah, it's definitely a meteor issue, cos mails are working fine over wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭niallb

Glad I saw this. I thought I'd just dropped off a connection due to bad coverage,
    and was surprised when it didn't come back. Generally, I get instant notification
    of mail. I wonder are Meteor uprading some more areas from EDGE to 3G?

niallb wrote: »
    I wonder are Meteor uprading some more areas from EDGE to 3G?

It shouldn't matter. Adding new coverage really shouldn't be affecting current 3g areas.

I've tried on Edge and 3g/3.5g across loads of different masts. It's definitely something up with the Meteor ISP APN.

mathew's DNS problems might be related to the recent eircom problems. Don't Eircom own meteor now?

Update: Just reset my phone and it seems to be working ok again... for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Is everyone only experiencing issues with the ISP APN or is the Data APN causing issues as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I had weird dns issues yesterday, I wonder if its related to eircoms recent dns problems?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Is everyone only experiencing issues with the ISP APN or is the Data APN causing issues as well?

The Data APN is the same as the ISP APN, no?

I had some issues in Bray last night for a while, tried ISP, GPRS etc to no avail.
    15 minutes later, I tried again and had no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Ron DMC wrote: »
    The Data APN is the same as the ISP APN, no?

I had some issues in Bray last night for a while, tried ISP, GPRS etc to no avail.
    15 minutes later, I tried again and had no problems.

No, they're separate APNs. The ISP APN was available originally, then the Data APN became available about 2 years ago. At some point I imagine the ISP APN will be removed, as the Data APN is provisioned on every Meteor customer's account be default.

Advertisement