Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lazy Developers - FFXII

Options
  • 22-07-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

In FFX all dialogue between characters is fully voiced, giving the game an authenic atmosphere.

In FFXII a lot of dialogue is text only especially in
    Archades with Jules the streetear
    . It's terrible imo.

Is it just me or did the developers just get a bit lazy to not have dialogue fully voiced?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No they didn't. Only the story sequences are fully voiced in FFX and the same in FFXII. Very few NPCs are voiced in FFX. Also there's actually a lot more dialogue in FFXII.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

My only qualm with FFXII is that is was about half the length is should have been. Just when the plot was getting good it ended. Each character also had enormous potential that was wasted. If they had made this game twice as long, it could have surpassed seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

My only qualm with FFXII is that is was about half the length is should have been. Just when the plot was getting good it ended. Each character also had enormous potential that was wasted. If they had made this game twice as long, it could have surpassed seven.

+1.

Unlike FFX, we don't see much character development.

For example, you'd wonder why Penelo is with the group. She has very little input into the storyline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the real reason for that was that the game suffers from that same thing that FFVII suffers from. The game was a real rush job with loads of problems. The combat mechanics ended up taking all the developments time to sort out, the lead designer had to quit due to health problems halfway through and the game was rushed out so that it wouldn't completely miss the PS2 generation. It's why the story is almost as big a mess as FFVII's.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I wouldn't even try and compare FFXII and FF7's storylines.

The fact we never got to Rozarria was a big disappointment for me.

• Advertisement

I agree, FFXII suffered a whole lot worse. You kept hearing about all these epic battles that were happening but never got to even see them since you were off doing fetch quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

noodler wrote: »
    The fact we never got to Rozarria was a big disappointment for me.

That got on my nerves aswell. They spent a lot of the time talking about it and it featured in the plot but we never got near the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NewNo2

:D

Advertisement