Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting out, tourer

• 22-07-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

My father rides a Goldwing, has for years. He wants me to get a bike so we can go together. I have a provisional licence, so i'm restricted to 33bhp(am i right). I would look at something like a Honda Deauville or somthing like that. Obviously i need the panniers for gear for holidays etc.

I have seen bikes for sale in around €2k, 98-99 etc.

What would a bike like that be like if restricted, or what are more experienced opinions out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

You can get any bike you want but you'll have to restrict it to 33bhp , as you said. This isn't too bad with the Honda Deauville as its not that big. Any of the larger tourers wouldn't move after being restricted.

One thing to keep in mind when touring or holidays is you can't leave the 26 counties with your Provisional Licence / Learners Permit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yep, 33bhp is the limit and as far I know the Deauville is under the limit as its so heavy (not 100% sure, so double check)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

Thanks lads, i wouldn't be going outside the country at any early stage, so that part is ok. My main concern is that if a bike was heavy, such as a Pan Europen, then restricted it might'nt even pull its own weight.

Is €2k reasonable to expect to pay for a bike.

Advertisement