Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pioneer

• 22-07-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Looking at upgrading the decks and from all the research i've done, Pioneer seems to be the leader in the market.
    If anyone is using or is familiar with the Cdj 200, Cdj400, 600 or 800 please advise me on what they're like
    They range from about 500 - 800.
    Is there much difference between them
    Any help is brilliant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 j-bone

i would personally go for the cdj800's as they are the closest to a cdj1000 which is pretty much the industry standard in clubs etc,,the bigger jog dial (7inch i think) is a pleasure to play with, and once you have the hang of them it be an easy adjustment to the 1000's,,the cdj400's would be my 2nd choice,,lots of features like midi output, and ou can plug a flash drive into em and play tunes directly off it...smaller jog dial but i think they have "vinyl emulation" like the bigger more expensive models..search for "cdj 400 vs 800 vs 1000" on youtube,,some geezer explains these differences in abit more detail,,hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

I have a set of 400s and 800s and have used 1000s in clubs i've worked in. I'd say go for the 400s. The amount of features you get for the money is serious. Unless you are a serious DJ thats going to go mad using all the features on the 1000s then IMO they are not worth the extra cash. The 400 allows you to play directly from usb keys (a godsend for smaller DJ boxes, you can use it as a controller for Traktor and other laptop based programs and you can use the (old fashioned) CD too.
    That said the 800 has automatic loops and the variable speed control for the play button for a vinyl-like braking etc.
    But definately the 400 are my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

cheers for replies lads.
    i was looking at the 800's on you tube.
    the automatic loop looks like a brilliant feature
    that might push me towards those
    What kind of looping is on the 400's
    i couldn't find much on them

Advertisement