Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you lodge money - at any time - to a fixed term deposit account?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all

Apologies if this is a silly question, but if I open a fixed term deposit account, you know, the sort of one where I can't withdraw funds from it for 12 months, can I continue to lodge money to this account (i.e. treat it like a regular savings account), or am I only allowed make make one initial lodgement?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Depends on the account and the institution. Who/what did you have in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Investec. Cheers!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm not familiar with their accounts. :( In my experience with the fixed term accounts it's usually ok to lodge, just have to wait to withdraw. However, if this is a particularly high interest account, there might be a cap on how much/how often you lodge. I had a look on their website, and the impression I got is that you probably would be able to lodge, a lot of the ads usually specify 'single lodgement only' or similar. (I'm assuming you're looking at the 4% one?) I think for full terms and conditions you need to ring them.

Advertisement