Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping equipment

Options
  • 22-07-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get camping equipment is Sligo, besides Halfords?

I'm looking in particular for a 2 ring butane cooker (preferably with a grill, for da toast, loike) & a decent double air-bed.

The reason I say "besides Halfords" is that I've had nothing but trouble with them - bought a tent set from them for the Electric Picnic 2 years ago... the airbed deflated every night & the door zip broke after a day. The next time I went to get a tent there, I reserved one online, received both an e-mail & text confirmation of my reservation, only to be told, when I arrived at the store, that they had the tent I ordered, but not the travel bag or pegs.

I want somewhere more reliable, and preferably cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

What about Argos? They might do a few bits and pieces.
    You could also try the place beside Barton Smiths, it's called Call Of The Wild and their website is here.

There is another place on Rockwood Parade, used to be called Outer Point, don't know if it still is or not though, its across from BB's cafe. They do a ot of surfing stuff but might also have some camping equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Nice one, Bobcar - if it wasn't for boards, I probably wouldn't be able to find my own house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Nice one, Bobcar - if it wasn't for boards, I probably wouldn't be able to find my own house!!

If you need directions finding your house just ask me, I know it well:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

bobcar61 wrote: »
    If you need directions finding your house just ask me, I know it well:D:D

Are you dressed as a cow? I'm paranoid about the one in the field across from us who keeps looking in.

Advertisement