Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street Photography

• 22-07-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi all, thought i would share some of the street photography i captured in Grafton Street and by the dart station

IMG_7672.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7794.jpg

The rest can be found on my website : www.jordanhphotography.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭schqually

Love the last shot - nice composition, lines and exposure. The movement adds to it nicely.
    The first shot could have done with a faster shutter speed I'm guessing - it looks like there was camera shake. I feel that the second image is a little underexposed - I know that this can be tricky against a sky like that, but there is definitely some room to open it up a bit.
    Still, what hit me most was the last one - great shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Love the last one, sorry not into photography but id love to be and kinda appriatiate a good photo.

nice work! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

first ones very blurry
    second ones very dark
    Third one is class, really like it

Check out this thread if you get a chance, very intersting stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Agree with the previous posters about the first two. And I also love the third one... in fact when I woke up this morning in the few minutes I cling to my bed refusing to get up I was thinking of it. Great shot, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I assumed OP wanted the blurry look in #1 like that?
    #2 way under exposed,
    #3 not bad but I def like #1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

No. 3 is cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

All of them lack punch. I presume here (if you're shooting digital, and judging by the second one, you are) that you shot in colour. You probably want to mess around with different ways of doing that B&W conversion to give them a little more character. They're very flat.

You also need a little work on your metering technique. The first two are quite underexposed looking. In the case of #2 its because your meter was trying to compensate for that big expanse of overcast sky.

Thirdly, the first two (and a couple of others on your stream) are very soft. In the first case here its a case of the shakes, so you might want to bump up the shutter speed a couple of stops to get to a speed that you can comfortably handhold. The 2nd one here I'm not so sure about. Could be shake, could be something else. What was the aperture at ?

Advertisement