Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Tasting

Options
  • 22-07-2009 5:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a really good one day or evening wine tasting course in Dublin?

Thanks,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marceldesailly

can't recommend one as such but i o'briens have started a 4night course spread over 4weeks. think it's for €40. maybe somebody else knows if it's any good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Get on to Wine Board of Ireland. They do tastings every month in their HQ on Aungier St. Its €65 for each tasting. They even let you finish the stuff off :pac::pac:

www.wineboard.ie

Edit: They've ceased all wine courses and tastings due to the current economic climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

Wine board Ireland have now cancelled the classes they used to run siting numbers....

Strange they would do that, they always claimed numbers we great - even 2 months ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Contact a few Off-Licences near you, many of them will hold occasional tastings.

Mitchells (Rathfarnham) hold occasional, informal ones in their shop. Enowine (Monkstown) too. Should be lots to suit. Check out www.jeansmullen.com ; she has an events section on her site, as do I (site linked in sig). July / August kind of quiet though.

O'Briens would be a good bet. They often have visiting winemakers who present a tasting, often in their big shop in Sandyford.

Yes, the Wine Board is finished for now. I'm in the middle of my WSET Diploma with them, but they're saying we'll be able to finish the course by hook or by crook.

Advertisement