Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Drogheda In Louth Or Meath ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Its a stupid question imo .Its pretty common knowledge that the town boundry extends into parts of east meath , but anyone who dosent know what county Drogheda is in who lives in ardee is either on the wind up or needs to go back to school .I suspect the wind up :rolleyes:

Actually the "Town" boundary doesn't extend into Meath, being that the "Town" boundary is the area governed by the borough council, area's of the greater Drogheda area extend into Meath but the official town itself does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

DYLF wrote: »
    duleek actually is the closest motor tax office to drogheda

Motor Tax office in Drogheda obviously don't know that so - they told me I had to go to Navan that that was the nearest!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

The Duleek Motor Tax office closed last November so it has to be Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭eirman

Thanks for all the replies. I have concluded that most of the town is in Louth and some of it is in Meath.

I got firm confirmation from the guy (a historian) who gave me the tour of the martello tower - He pointed to the left and said all that part of the town is in Louth and he gestured to the right indicating the part of the town that was in Meath.

I wonder how An Post deal with the Louth/Meath issue if the wrong county is used for a particular address?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

eirman wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. I have concluded that most of the town is in Louth and some of it is in Meath.

I got firm confirmation from the guy (a historian) who gave me the tour of the martello tower - He pointed to the left and said all that part of the town is in Louth and he gestured to the right indicating the part of the town that was in Meath.

I wonder how An Post deal with the Louth/Meath issue if the wrong county is used for a particular address?

I use the wrong county for postal, as even us Meath-side dwellers are in the Drogheda postal district.

• Advertisement
Advertisement