Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Repairs/Refunds

Options
  • 22-07-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I bought a phone 3 weeks ago however a couple of days ago it got water damaged. I have my receipt so I went back to the store I bought it from.

They were going to exchange it for a new phone but they didn't have the same model so they rang around a few different stores but they also didn't have them in stock. They said they would repair the phone instead which was fine by me except the next day I got a phone call saying nothing can be done for me as the warranty on the phone doesn't cover water damage. Now I am being told that I am not entitled to anything - no refund, no exchange no repairs - nothing :mad:!

I'm p*ssed because yesterday they were more than happy to give me a new phone but today nothing. Nowhere on my receipt or in any of the documents that came with the phone does it mention the warranty not being covered by water damage. Is there anything I can do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭wba88

in a word, no.

warrenty covers any sort of breakdown of the phone due to a faulty part in the phone. water damage is a problem which was caused by the customer and it is unrepairable.

sorry

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You are not entitled to anything as you damaged the phone yourself. If you crashed your car it wouldn't be repaired free either. If you didnt mention the water damage initially that might be why they didnt set you straight on this at the beginning.

Your only comeback is if you have phone insurance you can claim from.

Advertisement