Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you got any interests that annoy everyone else?

• 22-07-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Well have you?
    And is there anything you like to talk about that nobody else does?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Star Trek.

Everyone else hates it.

I love it. I wish I could talk about it like I would about footie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Have you got any interests that annoy everyone else?

Rapist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Goat felching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Friends sister.

Well it's mainly my friend that it annoys.

• Advertisement

Human trafficer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Architecture. People think I'm weird when I point out buildings, or things on buildings.

"Shurrup with your bleedin right angles" would be a common phrase I'd hear when on holidays in foreign cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bell ringing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yeeees, loooads. Many people can't believe I'm interested in current affairs and politics. OMGZ YOU KNOW THE NEWS. **** off. I know I do.
    Also, astronomy. I don't know anyone except people on boards.ie who are interested.
    Finally, science and computers.
    That's pretty much why I like boards, it has all + added wackiness for good measure.

Everything else is alright, fairly common interests with everyone, except for soccer. I sometimes begin to think I'm the only male in the world who can't stand watching/listening/thinking about it for more than 2 seconds.

Also for the teenage girls of boards.ie. It's okay to talk about your social life with a fellow if he's good friends with you. It's not if he's just met you and has no idea about who's friends your on about. "This one time, at band camp..." :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

My group of friends are idiots. I daren't bring up issues like astronomy or the free radical theory when theres tits and transfers to be talked about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ScumLord wrote: »
    Boards.ie
    Boards.ie dose my brothers block in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tennis.....better than tits and transfers anyway!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Star Trek.

Everyone else hates it.

I love it. I wish I could talk about it like I would about footie.

This, but by an odd twist of fate, i can't stand most trekkies. Mostly seeing as they got so damn butthurt about the last film for reasons i have yet to comprehend.

failing that, quantum physics and all that is as cool as all fuck, but nobody else seems to agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yes im a pennypincher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Mine would have to be all things medical. And biology in general, really.
    And I quite like the majority of science-related topics.

To be fair my college friends agree for the most part but everybody else gets cross when I even try to discuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Metallica, almost all my friends hate them or Im met with a 'Metallica waaaaah(insert death metal growl imitation here) by others. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

My obsessive love of useless information that I find interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

jumpguy wrote: »
    Yeeees, loooads. Many people can't believe I'm interested in current affairs and politics. OMGZ YOU KNOW THE NEWS. **** off. I know I do.
    Also, astronomy. I don't know anyone except people on boards.ie who are interested.
    Finally, science and computers.
    That's pretty much why I like boards, it has all + added wackiness for good measure.

Everything else is alright, fairly common interests with everyone, except for soccer. I sometimes begin to think I'm a girl

Also for the teenage girls of boards.ie. It's okay to talk about your social life with a fellow if he's good friends with you. It's not if he's just met you and has no idea about who's friends your on about. "This one time, at band camp..." :mad:

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Science!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Boards.ie dose my brothers block in.
    Your big brother?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

i like the twilight books and my mates get annoyed by it ,,, im just broadening my horizion ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Photography - No-one else I know is into it.
    Aircraft - I love aviation, no-one else I know does.
    Cars - I drive the missus mad talking about cars.... again no-one I know gives a crap
    Technology in general - I work for an electronics company and as such I love it bu no-one else does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Glad this post was started!
    where i grew up the only acceptable chat amongst guys is soccer and horseracing(and still is):mad:
    anything outside of that was not allowed!this surely is a form of oppression?
    I even know of a guy who thought that his son would be gay if he continued to have an interest in spaceflight he was being taught at school:confused:
    the amazing thing is so many parents are almost anti-education in my area for love of it,or for need of it,despite seeing the benifits and independence it has given many in the poverty trap to move on.:(

only reason i can figure out is they WANT to keep their kids in poverty in order to control and USE them as they get older.:mad:
    Selfish Bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Aviation - one person almost fell into a coma listening to me talk about Airbus flight control laws. It's frustrating that all the guys I know who are into aviation are generally out of conversational range. Talking about it on the internet just ain't the same tbh.
    only reason i can figure out is they WANT to keep their kids in poverty in order to control and USE them as they get older.
    Selfish Bastards!

Nah. They just don't know any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Confab wrote: »
    Talking about it on the internet just ain't the same tbh.

There is nothing like geting your nerd on irl with a few beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Running, computers, science, feminism. Talk to the right person and they can get annoyed by any or all of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

This is how they should of ended that film:

http://imgur.com/3GUnR.jpg
    i like the twilight books and my mates get annoyed by it ,,, im just broadening my horizion ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Regularly watch silent movies from the '20s on DVD - not just Chaplin but dramatic stuff starring Barrymore, Garbo, Valentino. Doubt many others would watch these movies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

I really like to talk about grammar e.g. interrupting friends in mid-conversation to shriek at some godawful sign or billboard in town and making everybody stare at me when I shout 'DON'T ABUSE APOSTROPHES!'
    Also like discussing where words come from, etc.
    Which can end conversations quite quickly, especially if it's an icebreaker ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Irish music - probably not that weird for most people on here, but over here people think I'm ****in mental. "Yeah I like it, it's better than that ****e you listen to, what's the problem?" to which I normally just get sniggering tbh... some of the drivel around now and I get the piss taken by (a very small number) of twats for listening to/obsessing over Irish music... ahh well.

And masturbation... why are people so afraid to talk about that ffs?! It's human, everybody does it - yet it's not the sort of thing you can talk about openly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

darts

Wanting to get fit - nobody believes I can do it :pac:

The human mind. I love talking about how people react to different things yet nobody cares.

Puzzles like Rubik's cubes. They're just jealous because they can't do it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Larkin501 wrote: »
    darts

Wanting to get fit - nobody believes I can do it

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    darts

darts

there's your problem right there brother!

Advertisement