Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power shower

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If hardness is a particular problem in your area you will continue to waste even more money if you buy a cheaper brand like Red ring. Common sense will tell you to steer clear of any type of electric shower and to look at other shower options.

Yes, true, but common sense does not come into it when you want a hot water shower now! Not oh I forgot to set the thermostat!

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Great info guys - thanks again.

The house will have a gravity fed water system, so it looks like a pumped electric shower is the way to go.

I'm looking some of the different types available here, and it seems that any of the cool/stylish looking showers are all just electric showers, as opposed to pumped electric.

Do you know of any modern looking pumped electric showers that you would recommend as we don't mind spending a bit extra on a better looking system?

(BTW, all water going into the attic tank will have gone through a water softener first, so we should get a decent life out of our shower)

Grohe or Aqualisa, Money well spent, excellellent customer service and the dogs..... Be careful with trevi shires is the rep and they are not looking to hot at the moment
    superbad50 wrote: »
    i just put one up on adverts brand new in the box , meant to be one of the best on the market so i am told . t90xr http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=131284&cat=32 .

200 Euro..... Best of luck....... I doubt you will sell it! I would rather buy a new one for 235 in woodies with a receipt.... Sorry!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Guys,

Just looking for some advice on the connection sizes on the Aqualisa Aquastream power shower.

I can get it online here for £284 including delivery, and they are €500+ in bricks and mortar here in Ireland.

Only problem is that the fittings on it are 15mm push fit connections.

Would these be OK with Irish plumbing, which (AFAIK) are 1/2 inch ? i.e. would they be usable ??

Guys,

Just looking for some advice on the connection sizes on the Aqualisa Aquastream power shower.

I can get it online here for £284 including delivery, and they are €500+ in bricks and mortar here in Ireland.

Would these be OK with Irish plumbing, which (AFAIK) are 1/2 inch ? i.e. would they be usable ??

They are 15mm here as well. So take it out of that!:D

They are pushfit. Just use a bit of qualpex with inserts so you can leave a bit hanging out of the wall to give it a good shove on. Perhaps other plumbers will comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Guys,

I would get a piece of 15mm copper or plastic (Acorn) pipe (c/w correct insert) to fit to the shower and then use a 15 mm to 1/2 inch fitting to bring u to 1/2 inch. I do this all the time for this sort of kit: its a bit more expensive but is the correct way to do it

I am an accountant and not a plumber;)

• Advertisement

Carlow52 wrote: »
    I would get a piece of 15mm copper or plastic (Acorn) pipe (c/w correct insert) to fit to the shower and then use a 15 mm to 1/2 inch fitting to bring u to 1/2 inch. I do this all the time for this sort of kit: its a bit more expensive but is the correct way to do it

I am an accountant and not a plumber;)

There is noting wrong with that idea especially seen as though your an accountant:D What i would do is run the 15mm back to a free space where it can be seen in the hot press so leaks would be noticed,

15mmx1/2" fittings usually come in combinations and they are a curse to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

There is noting wrong with that idea especially seen as though your an accountant:D What i would do is run the 15mm back to a free space where it can be seen in the hot press so leaks would be noticed,

15mmx1/2" fittings usually come in combinations and they are a curse to get

I agree they can be hard to find: my supplier carries, (or at least he did) a conversion kit for the Acorn push-on that switches one end to 1/2.

I bought 2 dozen at the time so have them ex-stock on a Sunday afternoon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

Why do you put a pump in the hot press? I've got a Mira but it's noisy and the flow isn't great. How come newer houses and apartments can have really great showers attached to the taps?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

zipzoc wrote: »
    Why do you put a pump in the hot press? I've got a Mira but it's noisy and the flow isn't great. How come newer houses and apartments can have really great showers attached to the taps?

Apartments usually do have pumps to give good water flow and pressure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement